Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Interesting...  (Read 5171 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Interesting...
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:02:28 AM »

I was looking for more spam e-mails to ban and I saw that we have 239 members that have never posted.  Most appear to be legit e-mails.  Since everyone had to sign up again I know their not old accounts.  Just curious if that many people don't feel welcome or just have nothing to say. O0
Chunk the llama.

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
Re: Interesting...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:06:51 AM »

Lurkers... 8)

TexasDave

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:19:06 AM »

wannabees..... :D

TexasSpoonVTX

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 12:44:21 PM »

I think the 1.5-2 years i was on the old board i had a total of 20ish posts.

I like to consider myself ummmmmm well i just aint a Post Whore :)  :-*  :)

No offense Brock or shall i say Multi Star Mr. 150+ poster  :-X ::) 8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:48:47 PM by TexasSpoonVTX »

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 01:07:39 PM »

HHHHMMMM, maybe they RIDE more than they post?? Seems strange, but who knows? Maybe they are only semi computer literate and are intimidated to think something they post will be  around till the hackers take it down ;D.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

kahrlos

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 01:49:05 PM »

I had an id before and posted a few times; however, I've probably never knowingly ridden with any of y'all.  I'd say one of the reasons people don't post is they are uncertain of how someone will react/reply to their post.  A perfect example of this is the posting I put up in the for sale section.  I was trying extend an olive branch out to people on this board in a manner that I thought people would appreciate, and look what happened.  Someone with a big presence on this board put up a big azz angry IGNORE sign.  My first reaction was to return fire, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

The word Cliquish (befitting or characteristic of those who are inclined to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people) comes to mind.

ConnRadd

• Old Timer
  • Houston, Tx (Willowbrook Area)
    • Photo Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 02:00:28 PM »

Kahrlos,
  Keep in mind that this is a small group of people and we like to communicate through our forum... Seems like in the past several months we've been getting a lot of Spam and getting really tired of it.. I'm sure you are a swell person, but your 1st post was to sell something. Kinda like someone knocking on your door at 6pm when you are trying to have dinner, first thing you do is say "No thanks and thank you are bugging me while I'm trying to enjoy my dinner". But if your neighbor or a friend knocked on the door, your a bit more friendly..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 02:02:24 PM by ConnRadd »
2006 M109R Silver
2004 VTX 1300c Candy Apple Red (SOLD)

http://www.myspace.com/mspraberry

El_Jefito

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »

I visit this site daily if not at least weekly on busy work weeks.  I rarely post unless I have a question or have a comment to make, most of us interverts are like that.  8)  My opinion!<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a>

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »

Wait till you get to know some of these JERKES then you will realy catch it!! ;D :D ::) Just kidden most will do anything for you!!! And then there are those that will do anything to you!! Look over them and get to know some of us!!! O0 O0 O0 There are more GOOD than BAD 8) 8).
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

kahrlos

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 03:51:27 PM »

I had an id before and posted a few times; however, I've probably never knowingly ridden with any of y'all.  I'd say one of the reasons people don't post is they are uncertain of how someone will react/reply to their post.  A perfect example of this is the posting I put up in the for sale section.  I was trying extend an olive branch out to people on this board in a manner that I thought people would appreciate, and look what happened.  Someone with a big presence on this board put up a big azz angry IGNORE sign.  My first reaction was to return fire, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

The word Cliquish (befitting or characteristic of those who are inclined to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people) comes to mind.

First and foremost, this is a motorcycle forum... your (first) post (in the for sale section) had no relevance whatsoever to this premise.   I assumed your ad to reference cell phones.   

I believe everyone is welcome here, even if you may not ride or own a bike.    But if you think about it, your ad was off "topic"... right?

In any event, Welcome to a great place to talk bikes and riding!!

Lennie

Relevance:
Edge Evolution Diesel Programmer - None

Lets not forget video - None

16' trailer - None.  Oh, wait!  You can carry a motorcycle on it.

So, I get it.  Cell phones and accessories would have been more relevent in a Harley forum becuase you need one to call the guy with the trailer.  Not in a Honda forum 'cuz they don't break down.

Thanks for the great welcome.  I appreciate it.

TexasDave

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 03:59:52 PM »

Do you feel welcome now??  :'(

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »

...didn't know it was going to head this route...
Chunk the llama.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 04:12:50 PM »

Someone with a big presence on this board put up a big azz angry IGNORE sign.  The word Cliquish (befitting or characteristic of those who are inclined to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people) comes to mind.

If the post with nothing written in it is a ignore sign, then I've been ignored a lot of times and didn't know it!!! Seriously, it may be a snub or something to post and not say anything, but it is something I haven't quite heard of yet.

Yeah, if you want to say we're in a clique, you are probably pretty close to right. We're not snobs though. If your first post was to say...hey, i'm a rider new to the X riders, you would'a gotten a really warm welcome. The fact that you posted with something to sell, even with the "I'm a rider too" disclaimer, changed the dynamics of a first meeting. While there was nothing wrong with that, you were honest with your intentions, it may have raised a wary guard up the same way it would if a group of friends were standing on the corner and a unknown person approached trying to sell them something. Wary is often a good thing!

Now, welcome!    
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:14:58 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 04:58:27 PM »

Brock if you were trying to get the No Posters to Post then you did Good........ O0

All of the ones that just read and don't post..

Welcome to the VTX Riders Group.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 05:01:32 PM »

I scan the board just about every day to see if anything is new. I'm not available to ride with you guys most of the time due to my work schedule, so i don't post very much. 
2004 VTX 1800N
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal