Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: helmet laws  (Read 1911 times)

Demon

Re: helmet laws
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »

Does anyone know if the safety course expires???  I took mine back 10/3/04  so if I send it in will it work? 

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 07:32:02 PM »

As far as I know the safety course doesn't expire, but the license plate tag is only good for 3 yrs.
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 11:38:21 PM »

Sometimes it's hard for me to listen to a lecture from someone half my age who has never ridden and thinks I need the benefit of their vast knowledge, so I've been known to kindly tell them to write the ticket and keep their opinions to themselves. Sometimes this doesn't work out like I would like it to... :-\

I saw getting the sticker as a good way to avoid the kind of BS that always gets me in trouble, so I got it as soon as I took the course... 8)

Man can I relate to that statement. I got lite up here in Lumb.,(in my truck) I put my blinker on and proceeded to the place of business that I was going to in the first place. He followed me in, I had no idea as to why he was stopping me. He got my license & ins. and ask if I still lived at the address on my license. I was already pissed because he had yet to tell me why I had been stopped so I politely told him that yes I still lived there and had been living there longer than he had been alive. Well, he appologised for stopping me and admitted that he had stopped me because he misread my registration date. The truck was 4 months old.  Then, he ask if I worked at the place of business where I had stopped. At this point I'm aggravated and told him "Officer, that is none of your business and if you will excuse me, I'm going in to take care of what I came here for, you have a good day. I locked my truck and walked off.

And that's how I met Bill..............

That left me cleaning bourbon and coke off the screen again... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Dusty

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 06:13:28 AM »

Sometimes it's hard for me to listen to a lecture from someone half my age who has never ridden and thinks I need the benefit of their vast knowledge, so I've been known to kindly tell them to write the ticket and keep their opinions to themselves. Sometimes this doesn't work out like I would like it to... :-\

I saw getting the sticker as a good way to avoid the kind of BS that always gets me in trouble, so I got it as soon as I took the course... 8)

Man can I relate to that statement. I got lite up here in Lumb.,(in my truck) I put my blinker on and proceeded to the place of business that I was going to in the first place. He followed me in, I had no idea as to why he was stopping me. He got my license & ins. and ask if I still lived at the address on my license. I was already pissed because he had yet to tell me why I had been stopped so I politely told him that yes I still lived there and had been living there longer than he had been alive. Well, he appologised for stopping me and admitted that he had stopped me because he misread my registration date. The truck was 4 months old.  Then, he ask if I worked at the place of business where I had stopped. At this point I'm aggravated and told him "Officer, that is none of your business and if you will excuse me, I'm going in to take care of what I came here for, you have a good day. I locked my truck and walked off.

And that's how I met Bill..............

That left me cleaning bourbon and coke off the screen again... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not THAT old!  :c
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal