Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rice Owls!!!  (Read 1089 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Rice Owls!!!
« on: December 31, 2008, 07:54:13 AM »

Anyone catch my alma mater putting a spanking on Western Michigan last night, in the Texas Bowl? 38 - 14, and it wasn't nearly that close. Fast break offense at it's finest, and a 10 win season! Hoot! Hoot!  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Rice Owls!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:50:55 AM »

I missed the game but was pulling for them and glad they  won so hopefully its the start of some good years for Rice  O0
Alvin,Texas

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:59:28 AM »

I see clement playing on Sundays
It's all just part of the adventure!

BigDaddyTy

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »

Rice had a good year !!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »

Rice had a good year !!

Yessir! I'm originally from Minnesota, and saw the Goofers coach bragging about how they were the only team in the country to improve their record from last year to this by 6 wins. That was just before Kansas exposed them for how soft they, (and the Big Ten), are this year. What he forgot to mention, when he was patting himself on the back, is that Rice improved by 7 wins, from 3-9 to 10-3. Last time I checked, 7 > 6, and you don't brag about coming in second place!  ;D They are losing their QB and #1 WR this year, so next year may be a challenge, but this year was a good one for the Owls. Hoot!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:27:39 AM »

Congrats to the Owls. We just moved to within about a mile of Rice's campus. There is jubilation in the air around here. Now...settle back for another sixty years and wait for a season like this to come around again.  :D  ;)

Sorry, couldn't help it. The wise crack was just too there.  All Yall always be braggin about your SAT's and sh*t.
Having a good football team is gonna make it unbearable.  ;)

Congrats to your team. They played well all season.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:38:43 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:33 PM »

Martin, don't be a hatah!  ;D ;)

-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:10:54 PM »

Congrats to the Owls. We just moved to within about a mile of Rice's campus. There is jubilation in the air around here. Now...settle back for another sixty years and wait for a season like this to come around again.  :D  ;)

Sorry, couldn't help it. The wise crack was just too there.  All Yall always be braggin about your SAT's and sh*t.

Martin - You SLUG!!  You moved and didn't leave a forwarding address.  Years ago we were friends.  I guess no more!

J/K ;D ;D
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »

Martin - You SLUG!!  You moved and didn't leave a forwarding address.  Years ago we were friends.  I guess no more!

J/K ;D ;D

Been too long Pete. Gimme call sometime. Hadn't been on the bike a lot likely but a ride out your way would be fun.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »

Congrats to the Owls. We just moved to within about a mile of Rice's campus.

And for those that don't know, one mile around Rice is an area known as West U. Or, more commonly referred to as "these folks got big ca$h!!!"

;D O0 8) 
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 02:51:32 PM »

Congrats to the Owls. We just moved to within about a mile of Rice's campus.

And for those that don't know, one mile around Rice is an area known as West U. Or, more commonly referred to as "these folks got big ca$h!!!"

;D O0 8) 

Don't be spreading disinformation Jeff. We don't live in West U. We live on the other side of Main in the "Museum District" in a townhouse I put up. 

Like Bentzen said to Quayle, "I knew West U, you're no West U."...or something like that.  :(

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »

All right, I'll let you slide this time....  O0
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal