Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: SITE UPDATE - 12/24  (Read 2833 times)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: SITE UPDATE - 12/24
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 04:46:39 PM »

Great job.................

Oh oh.......the Smilie Faces are all showing as the infamous little red x...............

Anyone who had "Webby" selected got the red x's.  The folder doesn't exist anymore so there's no smiles to refer too.  I just deleted the option for Webby.

If your smilies come up as an X now, then please pick default or classic under the smilies section in your profile. :)

Thanks.......

LOL.........We have some new ones................... O0
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »

I plan to look into some more smiley packs amongst other additions.  Probably sometime this weekend.
Chunk the llama.

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 05:49:18 PM »

Thanks Brock.  Great job and let me know if I can help with anything.

David
'02 1800C

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 09:51:45 PM »

You da man!  :)

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 12:50:55 AM »

You are the man.  8) 8)

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 04:33:18 AM »

That's hard work!  Thanks for keepin' it truckin!

Underdog

• Tejano
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »

Thank you....
Jim
"If you work for a man, and he provides you a paycheck, speak well of him and the company he created. If you cannot, resign your position, and once outside the door complain to your heart's content." -- Author Unknown

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 11:04:23 PM »

Hey Brock, thanks for all of the good work.  Also thanks for the new password as I didn't get the new code.  keep up the good work.

Earl

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2008, 12:38:10 AM »

Now that I have a few minutes to breathe a bit I can post what I wanted too earlier.  While I've been the Admin, the server itself resided on the same machine as http://www.vtxoa.com which is the national VTX site for those that haven't been there (I suspect most have been there).

I wanted to thank LaMonster (who by the way got a copy of the data to move) and VTXOA for hosting our site for several years and to Tapper for all of his backend support when the sites were having issues.  We've come quite a ways from when we started on Thanksgiving in 2002 thanks to the original TexasXRider, Weedeater.  I spoke on the phone with him the other day and he was also a big help with getting us moved.  He let me know that he still reads the board on occasion.

I look forward to meeting more of you and hopefully we can keep this site going for another 7+ years.
Chunk the llama.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 04:14:16 AM »

Now that I have a few minutes to breathe a bit I can post what I wanted too earlier.  While I've been the Admin, the server itself resided on the same machine as http://www.vtxoa.com which is the national VTX site for those that haven't been there (I suspect most have been there).

I wanted to thank LaMonster (who by the way got a copy of the data to move) and VTXOA for hosting our site for several years and to Tapper for all of his backend support when the sites were having issues.  We've come quite a ways from when we started on Thanksgiving in 2002 thanks to the original TexasXRider, Weedeater.  I spoke on the phone with him the other day and he was also a big help with getting us moved.  He let me know that he still reads the board on occasion.

I look forward to meeting more of you and hopefully we can keep this site going for another 7+ years.
Jimmy, it does look really good...if you want to talk to Ken (breezy) who set up the VTXOTB at www.vtxotb.com let me know and I'll give you his cell number. I am that site's Administrator and he does ALL the heavy duty stuff to maintain it.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Dusty

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 08:01:40 AM »

I didn't realise the board had been up for a year before I found it in 04. Wish I had been around for that first year. This may be a pretty sad statement to make but there are only a few things in my life that I do every day. Coming to this board at least once a day is one of them. If I don't, it more than likely means I've taken off somewhere on my bike. I've said some pretty abusive things at times, gone against the majority at times and usually in the end made a fool of only me. I have spent more time talking to some here than I have with certain members of my own family.
To those that I have offended, I truly apologize. I've been working on my social graces. You wouldn't believe the the post I write that get deleted and not posted.
Many thanks to "Weedeater" and "Tapper" for getting this thing rolling and to Brock for doing everything he could to keep it going even when no one knew where the keys were. I hope in time we will know who is footing the bill for this board and I hope they know there are others like me that would gladly contribute $ to help keep it afloat. Thanks to the people that do stuff in the back ground that no one is aware of but are instrumental in functions that we attend.
And in general, thanks to all the members that make it so much fun to come here and read. Yes, even you Hooter.  ;D

With all the mushy stuff said, I have one question for Brock about just one statement made above and I quote..........................." to Tapper for all of his backend support".  ??? ;D  ???  >:D  ;D

Just messing with you Brock, you didn't really think I could make a post and be serious through the entire thing did you?

Bill

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 08:45:03 AM »

This may be a pretty sad statement to make but there are only a few things in my life that I do every day. Coming to this board at least once a day is one of them.

Let's not hear about the other ones, okay?  ;) :o
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 11:32:13 AM »

Bill do you not feel well or something? ??? ??? Why all of a sudden your trying to set your soul >:D straight with the world? ??? ???

;D ;D ;D 8) ;D ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D ;D 8) ;D ;D ;D >:D ;D ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D ;D :o ;D ;D ;D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »

I had a feeling that a couple of you would remark about the backend. :P
Chunk the llama.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »

Thanks Brock for putting your time and energy into this.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal