Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Christmas lights  (Read 1355 times)

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
Christmas lights
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:34:03 PM »

The wife was on my case to get the Christmas lights up for a couple of weeks.

They're up now, and for some reason she won't talk to me?   

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
Re: Christmas lights
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:21:41 AM »

;D ;D ;D Too Kewl! HaHa thanks for the laugh  O0

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 05:07:02 AM »

That's a hoot!  ;D Thanks!

Every year I buy two more boxes of outside lights when they go on sale. I havn't put lights up in over 10 years. One year I'm going to surprise everyone and all my neighbors will have to wear shades.  ;D

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 06:58:36 AM »

That's the ticket Skippy  O0 O0
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 07:41:03 AM »

If Lucky wants Christmas lights up at the house, she better start nagging about February and better not nag about taking them down. (I gots a rope and a half ton truck. I can TAKE DOWN lights!!! O0)

Seriously, I like Christmas but I'm getting burnt out on Christmas by Thanksgiving. Why can't anybody wait until THANKSGIVING to start the Christmas season? Right now, I'm at the BAH HUMBUG stage and I've got a week to keep the smile on my face. sh1t! Think I'm nuts? You watch, next month someone will start selling BATHING SUITS! In FREAKING JANUARY of all months.

Alright, alright, I'll get off my soapbox now. sheesh.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »

If Lucky wants Christmas lights up at the house, she better start nagging about February
Ahem....excuse me...you know me better than that...if I wanted x-mas lights up I would go out and put the lights up.  :P
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »

If Lucky wants Christmas lights up at the house, she better start nagging about February
Ahem....excuse me...you know me better than that...if I wanted x-mas lights up I would go out and put the lights up.  :P

You go girl.

I used to put lights on the house every year.  Then we got a new house that has a 28' peak and a 34' peak and most of the rest at 20'.  My wife told me she could not take watching me climb the ladder thinking about taking me to the hosptial or worse.  Now I do not put up any lights.
'02 1800C

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »

You go girl.

I used to put lights on the house every year.  Then we got a new house that has a 28' peak and a 34' peak and most of the rest at 20'.  My wife told me she could not take watching me climb the ladder thinking about taking me to the hosptial or worse.  Now I do not put up any lights.

Same here!  I was going to climb up on the second floor roof and put lights up last year but saw on the news that there were two guys staying across the hallway from each other at Parkland Hospital due to falling off their second floors...  Most of our off-duty Firemen put them up around here as a side job. 

Dusty

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 05:46:16 PM »

If Lucky wants Christmas lights up at the house, she better start nagging about February and better not nag about taking them down. (I gots a rope and a half ton truck. I can TAKE DOWN lights!!! O0)

Seriously, I like Christmas but I'm getting burnt out on Christmas by Thanksgiving. Why can't anybody wait until THANKSGIVING to start the Christmas season? Right now, I'm at the BAH HUMBUG stage and I've got a week to keep the smile on my face. sh1t! Think I'm nuts? You watch, next month someone will start selling BATHING SUITS! In FREAKING JANUARY of all months.

Alright, alright, I'll get off my soapbox now. sheesh.

I saw Christmas stuff at Holloween. Sort of ruins it for me. On the 26th, you should start seeing Valentines stuff out.  ::)

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 10:13:03 PM »

When people ask me if my Christmas lights are up, I tell them....
 "Yes. They are up in the attick and staying there."
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 07:39:22 AM »

damn straight!  if women want something done they should go do it thelmselves. (i.e. paint the wall, take the trash out, cut the grass, and on and on).  uhh, I'm sure glad that my lady doesn't get on this board.  I need to go now, have some manly reclaiming to do.  O0
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:41:19 AM by matap »
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 09:05:11 AM »

damn straight!  if women want something done they should go do it thelmselves.

Of course, cause then you know it is done correctly, on time, and in the most efficient manner.  :P
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

icopus

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 03:48:05 PM »

damn straight!  if women want something done they should go do it thelmselves.

Of course, cause then you know it is done correctly, on time, and in the most efficient manner.  :P
That must really be something to see!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal