Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estimate on my bike  (Read 2903 times)

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
Estimate on my bike
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »

Anyone know a good fast place on the northside to get an estimate on repairing my bike?

I called cycle shack north and they want to keep my bike for a week. >:(
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: Estimate on my bike
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »

I can't help you, but I was wondering what happened?  Everything ok?
Chunk the llama.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »

from the pictures I estimate between 2,500 and 4,000.

$35 please ;D

seriously, I think when I took my bike to NWHonda it was a few days and it was $35 but that was a few years ago.

If you are going to try to get that same paint job restored you might try that guy that used have bike night on Thurs a few years ago off spring-stubner just South off of the 2920 intersection. He moved but just further down the road. I don't remember the name of the place though.

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 01:45:35 AM »

I am ok just my pride was hurt!!! :(  I was a little sore Sunday but that was it.
Me and the bike went down on the edge of a sidewalk because of a Trolley rail.
There are pics of the bike on the LSR post.  Not bad just my tank and front fender.  Parts on line was like $2000.00.  I have already bought a Black tank,front fender, and back fender for 350.00 it was a steal of a deal!!  I gave the guy $450.00 for shipping and ins on them.
My insurance company told me to go get an estimate from a dealer to put everthing back new and than go to a custom paint shop and get an estimate to paint the tank.  I am thinking I may be able to get $5000.00 out of it.

Now do I rebuilt the 1300 and customize it to the hilt or go for an 1800?????? ::) :D
Time will tell......... ;D

Any body know a good custom painter?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:47:28 AM by TAZ »
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 05:03:41 AM »

I am ok just my pride was hurt!!! :(  I was a little sore Sunday but that was it.
There are pics of the bike on the LSR post.  Not bad just my tank and front fender.  Parts on line was like $2000.00.  I have already bought a Black tank,front fender, and back fender for 350.00 it was a steal of a deal!!  I gave the guy $450.00 for shipping and ins on them.
My insurance company told me to go get an estimate from a dealer to put everthing back new and than go to a custom paint shop and get an estimate to paint the tank.  I am thinking I may be able to get $5000.00 out of it.

Now do I rebuilt the 1300 and customize it to the hilt or go for an 1800?????? ::) :D

To stay true to the pattern, didn't you mean, should I go with a Harley or a Wing?  ;)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 07:46:57 AM »

From the pictures I estimate it will be more like $5000.00 to $7000.00......... :o

That will be $35.00.........no please here. I am going to be more like the dealership. Take it or leave.

My bike is plain black and the little bit that was damaged when I had my Slip and Slide back in 2005 I got $4700.00.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »

When Ron got run over he was told Wild West was the place to go for estimates, but I don't recall why. Perhaps he'll chime in here.......
02 1800C

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »

Wild West is where we took Andrew's bike when he dumped it on 3090 back in July.  Can't say whether it was good or bad to take it there cause I have no other time to compare to.  But I will say that between the insurance company (Foremost) and Wild West it was a quick and easy procedure.

Regarding the custom paint: one of the members here (Cat Doctor) made this recommendation to me:
The guys name was Mike, from Mikes Fine Lines in Cut-n-shoot, Texas just east of Conroe on FM 105. Link is http://mikesfinelines.net/ The guy does a really fine job along with the fact it was a complete turn key job. Just drop it off and he does everything but fill it all the way up when done. She is very happy with the job. 

I saw the paint job on his wife's bike and it was GORGEOUS
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:21:56 AM by Lucky »
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 04:00:34 PM »

To stay true to the pattern, didn't you mean, should I go with a Harley or a Wing?  ;)

Not NO BUT HELL NO!!
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

Wild West is where we took Andrew's bike when he dumped it on 3090 back in July.  Can't say whether it was good or bad to take it there cause I have no other time to compare to.  But I will say that between the insurance company (Foremost) and Wild West it was a quick and easy procedure.

Regarding the custom paint: one of the members here (Cat Doctor) made this recommendation to me:
The guys name was Mike, from Mikes Fine Lines in Cut-n-shoot, Texas just east of Conroe on FM 105. Link is http://mikesfinelines.net/ The guy does a really fine job along with the fact it was a complete turn key job. Just drop it off and he does everything but fill it all the way up when done. She is very happy with the job. 

I saw the paint job on his wife's bike and it was GORGEOUS

Thanks Lucky.  A shop here in town told me about him too. O0
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 04:21:52 PM »

I'd say 1800. :P O0
Chunk the llama.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »

I'd say 1800. :P O0
Yeah, get a man's scooter.  ::)  8)  :D  ;)
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 09:09:24 PM »

Fix the 1300 with a fender and tank and put the rest toward an 1800. Having 2 is kinda fun. ;)
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 04:53:19 AM »

Well doesn't look like enough for an 1800.....  So time to make a bad Cranberries 1300.... O0 ;D
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 05:10:07 AM »

Feejer, baybee, Feejer. Everyone knows Martin and I are the cool kids!  ;D ;D ;) O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal