Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Internet Explorer  (Read 2527 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Internet Explorer
« on: December 17, 2008, 01:05:03 PM »

with all the hoopla about IE and passwords are you guys switching browers or waiting on the patch?
If switching what browers do you like?

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »

I switched over to Firefox (www.mozilla.com) and am happy so far.  I have heard really good things about it for a long time now but have been to lazy to switch.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 01:36:55 PM »

I switched over to Firefox (www.mozilla.com) and am happy so far.  I have heard really good things about it for a long time now but have been to lazy to switch.

+1
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »

Been using Mozilla FireFox for years very secure browser, with all the bells and whistles I need.  O0 O0 Give it a try, I think you will like it.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »

I use IE and never had any problems.......................... 8)
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 08:04:56 PM »

They issued patch today.  Go to tools at top of page between favorites and help.  click on windows update (if you're using xp, if you're using vista you may have to do something else)  After update page comes up click on custom update and wait for that to load.  The security update for IE will be there.  Select and then install.  Computer will have to restart to get it completed.

I found the link to these instructions on Yahoo home page. 

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 08:19:07 PM »

I use IE and never had any problems.......................... 8)

you need to update it they have an issue with passwords.

sherri

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »

They issued patch today.  Go to tools at top of page between favorites and help.  click on windows update (if you're using xp, if you're using vista you may have to do something else)  After update page comes up click on custom update and wait for that to load.  The security update for IE will be there.  Select and then install.  Computer will have to restart to get it completed.

I found the link to these instructions on Yahoo home page. 

Thanks I could not find it earlier today. I didn't really want to move all my favorites.

sherri

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »

Thanks I could not find it earlier today. I didn't really want to move all my favorites.

BTW, moving over to Firefox was super super easy...it moved all my favorites in a matter of seconds.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »

My WIndows update automatically..................... O0

I checked and it just updated the IE.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 11:29:53 PM »

Firefox 3 is by far the best way to go, although google chrome may end up being pretty cool, currently I still believe Firefox 3 is better.

http://www.switch2firefox.com/

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »

Marigold,

I've used both IE and Firefox before. You really won't be able to tell the difference once you've changed over. One neat thing that Firefox has is called "skins" where you can quickly change the "look" of your browser without affecting it's operation. There's even a skin that mimics IE. The only difference is IE has Favorites and Firefox has Bookmarks.

Plus, most of the scammers are concentrating on the biggest market share for their viruses and trojan which just happens to be IE. Oh, one other neat feature about Firefox is the BUILTIN spell checker that underlines words it doesn't know with red. Cool, huh? O0 O0
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 07:40:56 AM »

Marigold,

I've used both IE and Firefox before. You really won't be able to tell the difference once you've changed over. One neat thing that Firefox has is called "skins" where you can quickly change the "look" of your browser without affecting it's operation. There's even a skin that mimics IE. The only difference is IE has Favorites and Firefox has Bookmarks.

Plus, most of the scammers are concentrating on the biggest market share for their viruses and trojan which just happens to be IE. Oh, one other neat feature about Firefox is the BUILTIN spell checker that underlines words it doesn't know with red. Cool, huh? O0 O0

HHUUUUUMMMMMMMM.......are you telling me I misspell allots of words?......... ::) ::) or have you been talking to Hipshot.

You can change the skin on IE too............

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 07:42:12 AM »

HHUUUUUMMMMMMMM.......are you telling me I misspell allots of words?......... ::) ::) or have you been talking to Hipshot.

You can change the skin on IE too............

Oh heck, no. But you should see all the red on this side of the screen when I type. LOL 8) 8)
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 08:02:42 AM »

I wouldn't know how to use chell specker. I used to wonder why all those names were underlined when I typed reports -- Liz told me it's built-in spellcheck. I guess I'm lucky they taught me how to spell in grade school.
02 1800C
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal