Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Memphis Fats w/install kit for sale.SOLD  (Read 1376 times)

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
Memphis Fats w/install kit for sale.SOLD
« on: December 08, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

Got a Memphis Shades Fats for sale, pt# MEM 3410. Clear shield with an install kit for an "N" or Retro, without fork covers.
Asking $200....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 09:15:23 PM by Xwrecker »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Memphis Fats w/install kit for sale....
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:38:10 PM »

What size and does it include mounting kit?
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 09:49:43 AM »

Not trying to sound like a dumb a$$ or even a smart a$$, but would a mounting kit and and install kit be the same thing?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »

Questions have to be asked, as you well know, I don't have one so I have to ask.  :P
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:03:55 PM »

It is a 21 inch tall clear shield, and yes it come with the hardware to mount it to your bike..... O0

I have an 1800 n, you may want to check if the forks are the same size diameter and width.... ???

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:07:12 PM by Xwrecker »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:15:24 PM »

Headed to the LSR in the morning , but I will check it out and if it is the same I will take it. I will get with you Sun or Monday.  :) thanks for the update  O0

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »

Ok, first of all Gumbo, I really was asking out of ignorance, not at all trying to slap you down.

Second of all I know that Wayne's 1800 has much bigger forks then my 1300, so I have come to believe that a windshield mounting kit meant for one will not fit the other.  So I would double check first.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »

Will absolutely do my home work, as far as ignorance goes I admit I am guilty in the Honda arena, and have no problem saying it.
I lived the past 20 years in the server / storage realm, this I know.  O0
Sure wish you and Wayne were coming tomorrow, you guys will be missed.  8)

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 05:19:38 AM »

I looked at the Memphis Shades sight and the two sets of forks are different. The two bikes call for different install kits, sorry to say but Lucky is right... 8)
They prolly won't fit a 1300 without modification. But check around with others, maybe they will work.....

The brackets have several "notches" for adjustments for different size forks. Right now they are at the biggest notch adjustment, so they will go smaller. Are your forks covered with chrome? If they are exposed aluminum they may work.....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:25:15 AM by Xwrecker »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal