Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ultimate Seat customer support  (Read 1820 times)

sober

Ultimate Seat customer support
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:21:49 PM »

So, I took advantage of HDL's sale and ordered an Ultimate lowrider seat for my 1300S.  I get a message yesterday from the Ultimate Seat company asking for my height, weight and inseam.  I call them back and give them the information, and the customer support person says they just wanted to make sure I wasn't "...seven foot tall and three hundred pounds...", and said my order will be sent out tomorrow.  Now how's that for customer support!  Making sure I bought the right 'fit' seat before they shiped it out to me  O0

...either that, or they wanted to talk to one of the weeee little people  :'(

;D ;D ;D

quietguy

Re: Ultimate Seat customer support
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 05:23:07 PM »

The low rider model would be a bit confining for me (6'2"), but I have sat on a 1300C with that seat...

SUPER comfy!

If after riding my new 1800N for a few weeks I find a need to replace stock I will get the Big Boy. 8)

1shot1kill

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 11:30:10 PM »

Sober

They have always asked about your height, weight, and inseam.
I wanted to buy a seat from them and they would not sell me one until they had the Big Boy ready for the market.  I will always thank Des and his son for looking out for me.  I think they have the best seat in the world.

thriftmaster

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 02:22:21 PM »

You missed the point. They asked because they give special attention to orders from 7' tall, 300 lb. customers. Nobody wants to PO those big fellers.
J/K, I've got their Big Boy seat and love it.

FuzzFace

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »

I plan on making it to the State M&G Aug 12th, so after I buy you that cold beer I will take a peek at your BigBoy Ultimate Seat.  I'm afraid I fit that description at 6'1" and 260#.

Have a great weekend,

FuzzFace

thriftmaster

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »

FuzzFace, what route do you intend to take to Temple?
Might join you on the way.
Might be too far for you but I was thinking it might be good in one direction to meet with Metroplex riders in Alvarado and go to Cleburne, Rio Vista, Meridian, Clifton, Gatesville, Temple.
Maybe others will offer suggestions as well.

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 06:07:31 AM »

I've had an ultimate big boy since they started making them in Feb. of 04. They didn't make a backrest for them when they started. I ordered one when they did start to provide them.
I have always liked the seat and never had anything but good to say about about them but.....
Three weeks ago I sent my passenger seat to them to have my backrest receiver fixed as it's been bending backwards.
I shipped the seat June 28, the UPS tracking said it arrived in Niagra Falls on the sixth. I wrote them over the weekend to see if they had received it and was told in an e-mail that no they had not. So, I decided to call yesterday after writing back for them to let me know if they had not found my seat.
I was ask where did you send it? I sent it to the address provided. At this point I was told that it still wasn't there. Turns out the Niagra Falls address is a collection point and a means to deal with Customs. I was told they will probably get my seat yesterday or Monday the 17th. This means, they will take most of next week to fix it, if they get to it, and then another week for it to get back to me. Over a month to have a two hour repair done. (I'm guessing on the repair time)
I started to send my entire seat to them to have new foam installed because I have about 30,000 miles on it. Glad I didn't!
The Ultimate is a great seat and they have good service, but the turnaround time is rediculous. From now own I will save the shipping and either work on the seat myself or find someone local to do the work.

I'm through whineing now,

Bill

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 12:34:05 PM »

Dusty has RD been riding BI#*^ with you or do you hahe a NEW two up????? O0 O0 O0 ;D :D Hope to see you soon!!! :D ;D ;)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Dusty

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 02:41:37 PM »

Dusty has RD been riding BI#*^ with you or do you hahe a NEW two up????? O0 O0 O0 ;D :D Hope to see you soon!!! :D ;D ;)

I wanted a new two up are even the old two up but I DON'T HAVE A DAMN SEAT.

I may have to settle for RD but I don't think he has the equipment I was looking for. Guess that's why Brock didn't propose to him.  ;D

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »

I wanted a new two up are even the old two up but I DON'T HAVE A DAMN SEAT.

I may have to settle for RD but I don't think he has the equipment I was looking for. Guess that's why Brock didn't propose to him.  ;D
      O0 ;D :D ;D :D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

quietguy

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 08:30:54 AM »

Sorry to hear of your problems there, Dusty... hope they get it back to you soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal