Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Battery--- looking for an equal to stock  (Read 2630 times)

Dusty

Battery--- looking for an equal to stock
« on: November 16, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »

I went into the dealer the other day and priced a battery for my 1800C. They quoted me $112.00. I was thinking it should be $60 or $80 but it's been a while since I bought a battery. Mines five years old and if I get stuck, I'm gonna wish I spent that 112.00  ::)

I thought I read that Wal-mart had an equal but I can't find a thread about it.

Does anyone know of an equal? Or should I just bite the bullet and be done with it?  :-\

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Battery--- looking for an equal to stock
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 09:06:24 PM »

Yuasa. You get what you pay for. Good batteries aren't cheap, and cheap batteries aren't good. O0
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »

Yusa no help.  ;D

redfrog

• Rider
  • 2004 VTX 1800 Neo
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 09:15:48 PM »

Check O"reilly's...We have a I believe the ETX 20 battery for about $85.00.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 10:27:40 PM »

Walmart does have your battery, no this ain't an ad for wal-mart but ----
http://search.apexbattery.com/?catalog=yhst-70515121304670&query=1800+Honda&IMAGE.x=28&IMAGE.y=12
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 05:57:43 AM »

http://search.apexbattery.com/?catalog=yhst-70515121304670&query=1800+Honda&IMAGE.x=28&IMAGE.y=12

Know anyone that has used one?

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 06:37:13 AM »

Bill, I have one in my bike.  After 6 years with the original battery I had to finally break down and get a new one.  No complaints about the Walmart battery from me.   O0

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 06:59:12 AM »

Bill, I have one in my bike.  After 6 years with the original battery I had to finally break down and get a new one.  No complaints about the Walmart battery from me.   O0

Thanks Brad, Mines only a little over five years but it's acting silly. It's either the battery, the switch or the connections. When I go into it, I'll check all the grounds and slap in a new battery and clean my switch too. I should be good for at least another 50,000 miles.  ;D

Thanks for the link Hooter, I went straight in and bought it. The battery should be here by Thursday! Free ups shipping to boot.  O0

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 09:04:22 AM »

I got mine from Direct Line for something around 80.  Go to their OEM parts location and order it from there, it's cheaper.
My now long gone VTX...

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 11:02:38 PM »

I have bought a number of batteries from these folks and they are terrific, A-1, wonderful.   Very good prices and service and best yet, they are in Dallas!!!   Check them out, mention my name for an extra 10%..................added on  ;D   Really, this is the best place to get a battery and they won't stick it to you, before or after the deal!!

For less than $100 you can get a very good sealed batter, 310 cca, that exceeds OEM.  Keep these batteries on a Tender when not riding and the battery will last a lot longer.  I'm still running fine on mine and it had it's 6th birthday in September.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 12:39:53 PM by heirloom »
Heirloom, MSF Rider Coach
Love my bikes!!!

Dusty

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 06:07:34 AM »

I have bought a number of batteries from these folks and they are terrific, A-1, wonderful.   Very good prices and service and best yet, they are in Dallas!!!   Check them out, mention my for an extra 10%..................added on  ;D   Really, this is the best place to get a battery and they won't stick it to you, before or after the deal!!

For less that $100 you can get a very good sealed batter, 310 cca, that exceeds OEM.  Keep these batteries on a Tender when not riding and the battery will last a lot longer.  I'm still running fine on mine and it had it's 6th birthday in September.

Just who are "These Folks" you speak of great wise one.

I took Brad's advice (why I don't know  :-\;D and ordered from Wal-Mart on a Saturday. The battery was $86, no shipping and it was set on my doorstep the following Wednesday. AND, it states right on the side of this WestCo battery that it has HIGH CRANKING ABILITY. How's that for being specific? Oh yeah, it also states that it was made in CA. That's American made babeeeeee. Not necessarily by an American, but......  ::)

Anyway, I have a battery and someday, I will get it installed. My physical therapist told me to stay off of the bike. Who does he think he is ?????   ;D He doesn't know that my shrink told me not to listen to him or any of the other voices for that matter.  :-\

Have a Good Sunday!

Dustless

hooter

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 07:14:16 AM »

Dusty

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 07:22:16 AM »

That's exactly why I listen to You and Brad. I Just can't decide which is the old drunk and which is the smart one.  ;D

hooter

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 08:11:40 AM »

Well I'll say this about that. No I won't, but I will say, buy more stock in Miller Brewing and so I guess that makes Brad the SMART-Cranberries.  ;D ;D ;D ::)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »

Well I'll say this about that. No I won't, but I will say, buy more stock in Miller Brewing and so I guess that makes Brad the SMART-Cranberries.  ;D ;D ;D ::)

;D  I wouldn't put any money down on my corner of the table...  Besides, The aluminum Miller Lite cans I collect in my garbage can is worth more than my 401K right now.   ;D
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal