Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: VTX Patches and Tees  (Read 6038 times)

quietguy

Re: VTX Patches and Tees
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 07:30:06 AM »

I know the state of Texas is symbolized pictorialy, would still like to see it spelled out - I think most non-informed folks would miss that.

Otherwise, great patch/symbol. O0

Lennie

quietguy

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »

Interesting bit of information, and no, I did not know any of this. 

I'm not much of a follower or joiner.. just wanna get along, make some friends, enjoy the rides.  I would have been interested in a t-shirt or maybe a patch to simply display my affiliation with a nice group of folks.  Don't think I'll get involved so that I may avoid any potential "misunderstandings" with any one or any 'club'.

Thanks snake.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:37:43 PM by quietguy »

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 03:26:07 PM »

That's what I'm saying Lenny... thats why we chose the state outline INSTEAD of the "TEXAS" written out... so we wouldn't have problems. And we don't . Getchya' a patch. No problem! :) ;) ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 10:43:44 PM »

I know the state of Texas is symbolized pictorialy, would still like to see it spelled out - I think most non-informed folks would miss that.

Lennie

[b]I think most non-informed folks would miss that[/b]
Excuse me! Even Svetlanna from Russia knows the shape and picture of Texas and her flag. The picture of Texas needs no spelling. As our state song states, "Largest and Grandest". I'm 6th generation from 1835 and damn proud of that fact, and to have somebody say that someone might be mis-informed and mistake our state outline with that of Massatuches, then put Texas on the back of you teeshirt so there will be no mistake.
My feelings vented.
Looking forward to Galveston
)-(ooter

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

quietguy

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 08:05:10 AM »

Lennie

Excuse me! Even Svetlanna from Russia knows the shape and picture of Texas and her flag. The picture of Texas needs no spelling. As our state song states, "Largest and Grandest". I'm 6th generation from 1835 and damn proud of that fact, and to have somebody say that someone might be mis-informed and mistake our state outline with that of Massatuches, then put Texas on the back of you teeshirt so there will be no mistake.
My feelings vented.
)-(ooter

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Mine was a suggestion, fella. ::)

Swampfox

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 09:08:59 AM »

You can tell them to decode it.  If I want to ride with the word TEXAS on my back I will.  They want to make claim to The word Texas they better be in the dirt.
Swampfox

blingbling

• Rider
  • BlingBling (Tyler,TX)
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 04:57:57 PM »

This patch thing is way to confussing. I wear a church patch along with a bunch of others. I put the word TYLER as in Tyler Texas on a "rocker" above my back patch. Well every one told me that the Banbidos were going to pull me over and beat me up. It was explained to me that the Tyler was a rocker designating that I was a gang in Tyler and that this was my and my gangs territory. Well I am a knuckle head and got all blowed up over someone telling me what I could wear. I didn't take it off and have been to several rallies with the Cossacks, Banditos, Longriders and the such with no problems to date. I don't make it a habit of hanging around these folks and given the bikes I see these folks ride as long as I stay on my 1800 good luck in any case of these guys getting to me anyway.

Doug
Doug Courson

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 10:10:14 PM »

Lennie

My feelings vented.
)-(ooter

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Mine was a suggestion, fella. ::)

Lennie,
#1 I don't wear panties, and I don't answer to fella, I wear boxers and I respond to the name of Al or Hooter. I guess that might be TMI for some but,
Snake brought out some good points with his replys and I wasn't aware of anything about the points he made. Kinda good to know sometimes I guess. I have a couple of other vests with the word "Texas" sown on them, but no state of Texas picture. I've never had any problem flyin my colors anywhere, even on a Honda.The way I see it is, a picture of Texas explains everything without words being added. I now have "the patch" on my new vest and will display it proudly and try to uphold the upstanding virtures and values of what the majority of the Texas X Riders stand for. So for you Lennie, my boxers weren't in a knot, Just couldn't understand how a pic of Texas needed to be spelled out to understand where you were from. Kinda self explainatory to me and the other 99% of the world. No hard feeling brother!     
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Swampfox

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

And if they stop you tell them THE SWAMP ANGELS ARE WATCHING OVER YOU!
SIR, SWAMP FOX and also tell them to check the ring or they will be riding with the Ghost Riders around the Loop. LOL Most of them have had their wings pulled off if they don't there broken and they can't fly.  So it want be to hard to blow the scene on a 1800 VTX.

Swampy

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 10:56:19 PM »

Guys..Guys! I wasn't trying to get anything like this going, thought I just gave a reason there isn't "Texas"  written out. Our patch was picked because it would not enflame anyone! Things are as they are. If you want a Texas rocker, wear one! Hopefully you'll never have a problem with it. Some state VTX patches have the state name written out on them, with no problems that I've heard of IN THOSE STATES.
Other states have been "forced" to take the state name off by 1% ers. These are facts.
A local club here had rockers, The president was at his job, and was confronted by a 1% "president" and a pistol telling him that he would do one of two things, they  would take off the city and state rockers, or become a "junior" club for them. The alternative? Not stated, but the pistol was out on the table between them. Sad this could happen in this day and time in America? Yeah. Does it? Hell yeah. Pick your poison. Is our board monitored by 1%ers? Possibly. I know many of our riders are members of COC member groups. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place, it looks like it will just poke a sore from a old scab, best left to heal.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 11:18:17 PM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 11:01:47 PM »

Scabs picked at CAN turn into a cancer!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Swampfox

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 11:07:24 PM »

I'm going to pencil it on paper and tape it to everything I wear and tape it on my back and wait for someone to try to pull it off my back.   ::)

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 11:21:49 PM »

Bling bling, were you able to make it to the statewide meet last week?
     420! Yeah, baby!

Swampfox

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 11:38:16 PM »

Bling bling, were you able to make it to the statewide meet last week?

No because my pc wouldn't load the site for two days and there wasn't a time set on the post. Also there wasn't enough talk about it on the Gen. Board.  I was pissed that I didn't make it too!  >:(

blingbling

• Rider
  • BlingBling (Tyler,TX)
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 08:19:03 AM »

No I didn't make it to the state meet. Belive it or not I was in Galveston with the family. We had a great time there. The beaches were soooo clean and nice. Had a great meal at the Strand and while taking the ferry back home the grand kids got to see so many dolphins. I will see you guys at the Lone Star rally along with several other X riders from Tyler. We are getting a beach house at Crystal beach for the week.

Doug
Tyler
Doug Courson
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal