Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need a good seat for my 1800c  (Read 2275 times)

BigRedX

• Tejano
  • "My Hot Rod"
Need a good seat for my 1800c
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »

Anyone know where I could get a good seat for my1800c at a fair price
"I LOVE KOOL PEOPLE"

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Need a good seat for my 1800c
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »

Not sure you are going to think the prices are fair...  but Mustang is a great seat, Ultimate X is a great seat, and some like the Corbin seats, too.  Mustang may be the best price out of those listed.  I own a Mustang when riding two up and love it and a Corbin Young Gun seat for solo riding.  It's hard as hell but looks good...   ;D

BadX seat mods may be an option for your stocker, too.  I have no experience with them though.  Hope that helps.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 03:24:34 AM »

Anyone know where I could get a good seat for my1800c at a fair price
This is on the OA, I, too, like the Ultimate best and the Mustang second, however, this is a pretty good deal on a solo Corbin... http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=263686&p=2520760#p2520760
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 05:10:19 AM »

Yeah, I have to agree...the problem with your question is we don't know what you mean by "good" and "fair."  I have 4 seats right now, and I swap them out a bit...  I have a Corbin solo that I really like, a Corbin fast gun that's pretty ok, a California slammer that's reasonable for very short trips, and an Ultimate Big Boy that's the most comfortable by far..but the most expensive and the ugliest.
My now long gone VTX...

elvis441

• Old Timer
  • '06 VTX1800F Spec 2 Dark Red
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 06:14:10 AM »

I personally have an Ultimate and I love it. If you're wanting to save some dough you might try the for sale section of the national board. There are often after market seats for sale for way less than new.

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 06:17:23 AM »

I have a stock seat that I sent to Badx to beef up for me. The seat felt fine, but wasn't any better than my ultimate, so I put the ultimate back on. I have been hanging on to the Badx thinking that someday my ultimate will need some new foam and I would use it while the Ultimate is getting redone.

I can send you my BADX seat to try out. If you like it, I'll sell it to you for what it cost me to have Bad X redo it plus your stock seat. I'll have to look around to verify, but I think I paid BADX $130 + shipping.

Let me know.  ;)

Bill

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 07:31:13 AM »

I personally have an Ultimate and I love it. If you're wanting to save some dough you might try the for sale section of the national board. There are often after market seats for sale for way less than new.
That's where I found him the one below.  O0

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »

+1 on used seats.  All four of the seats I own were on other bikes first.  2 I got off the VTXOA, 1 from the Texas X, and 1 on a bike that I bought to re-sell.
My now long gone VTX...

BigRedX

• Tejano
  • "My Hot Rod"
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 04:46:31 PM »

Got one on the way thinks for all the good info
"I LOVE KOOL PEOPLE"

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 06:37:25 AM »

Well what was it?
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Dusty

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 06:53:24 AM »

Well what was it?

I sent him the stock seat that I had badx put memory foam in. He's gonna try it. Keep it if he likes it. If he doesn't like it, he's out $15 to ship it back and he will still be in the market for a seat.  O0

By the way Mark, I can't remember if I drilled that seat for mounting with push pins or not. ALSO, you will have to use your bracket to mount the passenger seat to the seat sent.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 05:42:11 PM »

Well what was it?

I sent him the stock seat that I had badx put memory foam in. He's gonna try it. Keep it if he likes it. If he doesn't like it, he's out $15 to ship it back and he will still be in the market for a seat.  O0

By the way Mark, I can't remember if I drilled that seat for mounting with push pins or not. ALSO, you will have to use your bracket to mount the passenger seat to the seat sent.
Though you may be dizzy at times, you are a gentleman and a scholar!!!!!!!!! O0

Dusty

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 06:27:26 PM »

Well what was it?

SHHHHH......I have been trying to keep the dizzy part hidden. There are still a few left on earth that I haven't ticked off yet.  8) ;D

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »

Well what was it?

SHHHHH......I have been trying to keep the dizzy part hidden. There are still a few left on earth that I haven't ticked off yet.  8) ;D
WHERE? ??? ??? ??? :P O0
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Dusty

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 08:02:48 AM »

Well what was it?

WHERE? ??? ??? ??? :P O0

Not sure, haven't met them yet.  Mr. Rita Runner.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal