Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vtx 240 custom project - $5000!!!  (Read 1291 times)

TXVTX

vtx 240 custom project - $5000!!!
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:51 PM »

So, I started this then had a kid, went to Africa, had another kid, went to Europe then came back and the company offered me a deal in Spain. I am relocating and have two choices.....sell the bike or put it in storage. I leave Monday so finishing it is not an option.
Here is what I have. 2004 VTX 1300 with 4400 miles. Lots of custom work! Tank had the seams removed and teardrops cut in then custom pirate theme paint with blue real-flame. The paint is perfect so anything in the pics is just dust or glare. The rear has the sumo-x fender and the modified swingarm for the 240, blacked out final drive, hidden brake bracket with a RC Components caliper and SS lines. Accutronix forward controls, Punisher bars, sumo solo seat, extra hypercharger, custom cut front fender, all stainless lines, bullet signals, axle mount plate and brake light by Hick, RC Wicked wheels with brand new mounted and balanced Metzlers, 6 degree trees, under the radiator scoop by Hick, Progressive shocks, progressive fork springs, sumo x 240 exhaust bracket.....etc. Tons of parts still in the box too. Lots of stock and aftermarket duplicate parts from before the conversion started. Lots of stuff included you can sell too....corbin solo seat, rivco solo rack, original parts, etc. It is dusty in the pics but the battery is on a trickle charger (included) so it is good. The stand is included also. Everything I have that is VTX related will go in the deal! The factory manual is included but there I would not consider this if you struggle to change your oil :wink:

Bottom line is if someone is willing to put in a few days in the garage they will have a sweet, one of a kind, VTX. I have not seen another VTX with the teardrop tank to start with. The rest is what you make of it! 99% of the parts are there, can't be sure without putting it together at the moment.
So the first person with $5000 takes it all with a clean title! Anything below that and it goes in storage till I get back because I really don't want to sell.  The boby work, paint and wheels/tires are worth that! I thought I could get it together on vacation right now before moving and a hurricane came in causing me to spend the last 11 days with a chainsaw in my hand! My loss is your gain.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
Re: vtx 240 custom project - $5000!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »

pm'd ya.
My now long gone VTX...

monkey

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »

if still availble, please give me a call....sent you a PM with my phone number.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:12:40 AM »

David moved to Spain last Monday. He posted on the OA that the bike had sold just one day after this listing went up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:15:33 AM by cybrhick »
Displaced Texan.

monkey

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 07:19:32 AM »

David moved to Spain last Monday. He posted on the OA that the bike had sold just one day after this listing went up.

thanks Steve,

Damn....need to visit here more often!

missed a good project!

Artie

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 07:48:40 AM »

And I was waiting in the wings if he didn't.  :)
My now long gone VTX...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal