Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 11 bikes busted doing 140+ 6 of them are active airforce.  (Read 1880 times)

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
11 bikes busted doing 140+ 6 of them are active airforce.
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »

welve motorcyclists, six of them local airmen, were arrested Sunday after they were caught driving in excess of 140 mph on Interstate 10 near Mobile, Ala.

The group was on their way to a Pacesetters Motorcycle Club charity bike ride in Mobile to benefit a 16-year-old girl who'd been diagnosed with cancer.

An Alabama state trooper first clocked the 11 men and one woman at 115 mph just inside the state line. That trooper radioed ahead to an unmarked unit, and by the time the group traveling on performance bikes neared Malbis, they were traveling at more than 140 mph, according to the Alabama Highway Patrol.

"There was no way the trooper could catch up," said Cpl. Joe Piggott with the AHP.

That's when a third trooper in a semi-marked Dodge Charger jumped on I-10 at Spanish Fort to get ahead of the group. The trooper began to try to block traffic along the Mobile Bayway by driving slowly.

"There's not really anywhere to go once you get on the Bayway," Piggott said.

The third trooper managed to get the group stopped and issued all 12 of them traffic citations. They were arrested for reckless endangerment and taken to the Baldwin County Corrections Center, where they were held on $1,000 bond each.

The bikers were caught at about 11 a.m. The charity event was scheduled for noon.

"I think they at least saw the first trooper," Piggott said. "They did pick up their speed, but we don't think they were running."
Piggott described the riders as "nice" and said they joked with the troopers.

"They weren't a bad group, but we can't tolerate that type of speeding," he said.

Hurlburt Field's 1st Special Operations Wing's public affairs office has confirmed Arthur Lee Jones, 41, of Crestview; Andy Michael Galatas, 22, of Fort Walton Beach; Derrick Alan Lawrence, 25, of Fort Walton Beach; and Kristoffer Edwin Davoud Ford, 23, of Mary Esther were among those arrested and are stationed at Hurlburt.

Tyrice A. Thomas, 30, of Crestview and Paul Burney Johnson, 38, of Mary Esther, also were arrested. They are stationed at Eglin Air Force Base, base spokesperson Marie Vanover said.

While Alabama authorities have jurisdiction over the case, Col. Brad Webb, commander of the 1st SOW, said he has several administrative options when it comes to the Hurlburt airmen arrested.

"Bottom line, this type of behavior is not tolerated. Airmen are not only responsible for adhering to state laws, but also for setting an example of good conduct on and off duty," Webb said in an e-mail. "These individuals showed a complete disregard for their own safety and the safety of everyone around them, and we're thankful no one was hurt."

Webb added that breaking the law and violating military standards of good conduct will not go unpunished.

Piggott said the riders are expected to appear in court Oct. 28. If they are convicted, Alabama will notify the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles and point penalties will be charged against the riders' licenses.
[Link]

Ouch, someone is in a world of hurt...

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

elvis441

• Old Timer
  • '06 VTX1800F Spec 2 Dark Red
Re: 11 bikes busted doing 140+ 6 of them are active airforce.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

Ride Hard or STAY HOME... :D

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »

They are in enough trouble but add being in the military they are really in deep chit .
Alvin,Texas

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:56:23 PM »

In the army they'd get at least a field grade article 15, don't know what the Air Force will do to them, they usually take it easier on their guys.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »

In the army they'd get at least a field grade article 15, don't know what the Air Force will do to them, they usually take it easier on their guys.

Depends on their first shirt.  Ours would give us LOC's for getting a sunburn, and we were reminded that we were govt property.  I couldn't imagine getting busted doing that!

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

Arch

• Old Timer
  • Tomball, TX
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »

Most of the time the military let the civilian authorities get through with you and then they have you, so it's a double wammy.

Ed
We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 01:02:19 AM »

Back when I was in the AF the CO would've chewed my hiney for gettin caught  ;)
I got clocked one night at 136mph in my ol '74 camaro and talked my way outta the impending ticket  ::) Wasn't even in the secondaries.
I had tossed the stock motor out and installed a fire breatin 402 big block with 454 heads and 11.5-1cr bla bla bla.....
But I still live by my motto: "There's no replacement for displacement"!
Works on the X!

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 10:24:50 AM »

well what kind mind would put their body in that way ?  solider it just oik if it something to gain.  sow their Cranberries up foot patrol for their body is own by the service onto which it serve  and get caught check area seek out and digitise information

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »

well what kind mind would put their body in that way ?  solider it just oik if it something to gain.  sow their Cranberries up foot patrol for their body is own by the service onto which it serve  and get caught check area seek out and digitise information

Drinking in the middle of the day!  :(

;D

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »

You know...  I have a really bad habit of reading a post/reply with out first seeing who wrote it...  but when i hit this reply... I just knew who it was.  ;D

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal