Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black Lab/Australian Shepherd Puppies for Adoption!  (Read 857 times)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
Black Lab/Australian Shepherd Puppies for Adoption!
« on: August 20, 2008, 11:21:36 PM »

Yeah, I know it's not m/c related, but we have 7 puppies that we are trying to adopt out to good homes through the Montgomery County Animal Shelter (MCAS).  We chose to go through them because they give each puppy his/her first two sets of shots, spaying & neutering & microchipping for free for us.  All we have to do is adopt them out through the MCAS program.  The adoption fee is $100 for females, and $95 for males.  Those services will still be performed, should someone adopt them before we can take them in for each service.

We own the mother (Aus. Shepherd), and the father was a neighbor dog (Black Lab) that got out and hooked up with our dog.  >:(   Anyway, they are almost 8 weeks old, and they're ready for new homes.

We will be at the PetSmart in the Portofino Shopping Center (I-45 Northbound Feeder, just north of Research Forest Drive) this Saturday (8/23) from 10a-3p.  If anyone is interested in a puppy, please PM, e-mail or call me or Lori.  You do not have to come up there, though, to adopt.  You can contact us at any time, and we have all the paperwork with us...so they can be adopted any time.

Here are some pictures, although these were taken a few weeks ago.  The mom is about 35-40 pounds, and the dad we're guessing is maybe 60-65 pounds.  So the puppies, when full-grown, should be somewhere in between those ranges.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Black Lab/Australian Shepherd Puppies for Adoption!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 06:46:45 AM »

You gonna spay the mom?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 06:54:26 AM »

You gonna spay the mom?

Yup!!  So when are you coming to get your puppy?!?  ;)

The "rest of the story"...

The mom is a stray we found about 4-5 months ago.  She came into heat right after we got her, and we were able to keep our Golden Retriever away from her...but the neighbor's dog got out and we caught them hooking up!  Anyway, she is scheduled for her surgery next month.  Buddy, our retriever, has since been neutered!  I have definitely learned my lesson on this one!  It's like we adopted 7 kids!  :o

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:01:59 AM »

Yup!!  So when are you coming to get your puppy?!?  ;)

The "rest of the story"...

The mom is a stray we found about 4-5 months ago.  She came into heat right after we got her, and we were able to keep our Golden Retriever away from her...but the neighbor's dog got out and we caught them hooking up!  Anyway, she is scheduled for her surgery next month.  Buddy, our retriever, has since been neutered!  I have definitely learned my lesson on this one!  It's like we adopted 7 kids!  :o

Very good. I'm just a big nut about doing what you can to cut down on the overpopulation of dogs. (Overpopulation of cats is anything over zero, but that's another story...)  Our dogs are rescue, and 100% of my charitable contributions go to those causes. It sounds like your heart is in the right place as well!  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal