Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: San Antonio Area Xer's Gab  (Read 9403 times)

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
Re: San Antonio Area Xer's Gab
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »

Agreed.....

I've had battery problems recently, hope issue resolved now. The other thing is that it is just too dang cold for my bones. either way I will make do if need be.....

M&G sounds like a good idea....Rudy's in Selma at 7 pm....? or sunday during the day around 2 pm..... wait when is the game on.....?

8)
Joe Cool...8)

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »

Its to darn cold in the evening hours.  Guess I'm showing my age too cause I don't to the San Antonio freeway system (I-35) at night any more.  Just to many out there wanting to run over me.  At least I can see em comeing in the daylight.   
Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »

ya greg i know what you mean about I-35 i think 1604 is actually safer now but ya i haven't done to much night riding it is cold. well this sunday i wouldn't be able to make it because of two group projects that i have to have done by next week but oh well. I got to take my gfs brothers R1 out yesterday when i got home and man i forgot how fast that thing was

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 08:03:53 AM »

hope everyone is having a good week so fare and have a happy thanksgiving

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »

Wildchild and I will be out riding around tomorrow.  If anyone is out riding give us a call and maybe we can meet up.

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2009, 08:15:29 AM »

well it seems the weather is warming up already think anyone would be up for a get together

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »

Hey J!  How ya doing.  I was thinking about a M/G in San Marcos on a Sunday after church and lunch so we could meet up with the Austin bunch.  I mentioned it in the Austin thread to see what they thought and it seemed to go over pretty well.   But then it was suggested we do it in Schulenberg so the Houston folks could also join in.  So I'm not sure.  Schulenberg is 100 miles from SA.  By the time folks get home from church and finish lunch it would be at least 1:00 PM probably 2:00 PM  before we could take off.   That would be pushing it to get there, visit a while, and get back before dark which I know everyone wants to do. 
  I too would like to meet the Houston folks but this time of year when it gets dark so early I'm not sure of a 200 mile round trip that would have to start off so late would work.  I don't think anyone would go.  If we are going to do that I think it would definitely have to be on a Saturday.  What are everyone's thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:25:18 AM by GregC »

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 11:40:17 AM »

Vikings at 3:30. This fat Cranberries will be in front of the big screen.  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »

Hey jm, how are ya?  I got a feeling with todays weather there will be a lot of Cranberries on the couch.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »

I had suggested after reading the post from the austin group and san antonio group m&g, that maybe with Houston group included to  do a quarterly m&g (Tri-City M & G it would be called).  no problem if we can make it to the one you just mentioned about GregC.  I myself am not much into riding late into the evening. Sounds like most people would be up for the tri-city m&g.  I will post a thread later on today to get a tally of how many would be down to ride.   O0
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2009, 03:22:18 PM »

Sounds good Matap.  I think a lot of folks would like it.  I think the best thing would be to post up a thread and see if folks would prefer to do it on Saturday or Sunday.  We can't do it to late in the day.  We don't want folks going home and getting back to the city traffic in the dark. Once the sun sets in San Antonio bikes are like targets for the 4 wheelers. I'm sure it's no different in Houston and Austin.  This time of the year it's rush hour at dark.  I would sure hate to see one of ours or anyone for that matter get hurt.  My wife also rides and any time we are on the freeways at night I get white knuckles worrying about her.
I'm going to start trying to see how much interest we have here in SA.  You check in the Houston area.  I'll do the post under GENERAL DISCUSSION so we have a thread to go to and everyone can give their views. Everyone has schedules.  For example I can't do it on Jan 17th.  Hopefully someone in Austin will jump in.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2009, 10:15:49 AM »

Hey jm, how are ya?  I got a feeling with todays weather there will be a lot of Cranberries on the couch.

Well, after my ViQueens rolled over yesterday, my weekends became a lot more clear...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 10:32:43 AM »

Well, after my ViQueens rolled over yesterday, my weekends became a lot more clear...

It was still a pretty good game even though the Cowboys showed up in Vik uniforms.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 04:09:14 PM »

It was still a pretty good game even though the Cowboys showed up in Vik uniforms.

:D :D :D ;)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »

hey everyone ya a tri city meet would be cool maybe in the spring or something like that if no one can go now i know this month is almost gone for me for the weekends i have birthdays and a friend just bought a house and they are having a open house at the end of the month. But i do agree on the time it needs to be early enough to get back in the day time i just helped a kid out this past tuesday a deer ran out and hit in from the side on his sport bike he had a jacket and a helmet on that saved him because he went into a mound of gravel and the bike slide right into a post in our fence so it looks like its a 6" ceder post 1 to sport bike 0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal