Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Check this Out!  (Read 1656 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Check this Out!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 05:17:48 AM »

Hookem, I know all about Vidor, and the golden triangle area, lived there most of my life. Started out in Groves and move to Bridge City.  :o
I know folks that live down the railroad track going towards B.C on HWY 105 & like I said they are scary, but I agree patriotic.  :-X
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »

IMHO.

The majority of people who object to this are not objecting because of any sense of a national or historic pride.  NO they object because they see it as an  attack in their religious beliefs.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The phrase "In God we trust" didn't appear on money until the time of the civil war.  then in 1956 Congress passed a law making this phrase our national motto. [Source]

I personally could care less if the phrase stays or was removed.  My religious beliefs in God are in no way diminished if it were to be removed.

Those that claim that the phrase is a nondenominational "God" please stop lying to the people and your self.  Any one with a brain and the ability to research the history on such maters can clearly see the intent and purpose of these additions to our country's lexicon.  Nothing pisses me off more then those who claim that "it does not represent any one religious belief" when clearly it does.  Have the spine and backbone to say so at least.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »

IMHO.

The majority of people who object to this are not objecting because of any sense of a national or historic pride.  NO they object because they see it as an  attack in their religious beliefs.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The phrase "In God we trust" didn't appear on money until the time of the civil war.  then in 1956 Congress passed a law making this phrase our national motto. [Source]

I personally could care less if the phrase stays or was removed.  My religious beliefs in God are in no way diminished if it were to be removed.

Those that claim that the phrase is a nondenominational "God" please stop lying to the people and your self.  Any one with a brain and the ability to research the history on such maters can clearly see the intent and purpose of these additions to our country's lexicon.  Nothing pisses me off more then those who claim that "it does not represent any one religious belief" when clearly it does.  Have the spine and backbone to say so at least.

If somebody doesn't want to "In GOD we trust" on money or anything  MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.  And why when you travel outside the US is US money so sought after. That in itself is pretty hypocritical.

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »

Done... Leave the money alone.   8)

+1
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal