Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Houston Tech Day & BBQ Planned  (Read 9910 times)

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
Re: Houston Tech Day & BBQ Planned
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 12:37:20 PM »

Here's a request for anyone who might be arriving on 4-wheels... hint, David  O0
While I have Ron's jack at my place to be used by those needing it, my bike stand is currently occupied and unfortunately I don't see my bike getting off the thing this day.  :P

Does anyone caging it have a Peps-X stand or similar to bring out for those that might need to get their bike off the ground? We'd then have a free bike jack for lifting.

Yes I will bring my stand! :-*

Luv ya for it!  :-* :-* .............................................................  :P

VTeX_Redemption

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 05:09:04 PM »

VTex...you could cage it...I'm sure you would still be allowed to hang in the our general area  ;D ;D  Besides we would probably use you to make runs to the store for more chit.

Hell Lucky, I honestly didn't even think about headin down in my truck.  I guess when I get on this forum I forget all about my 4wheeler hah.  Unfortunately, I went ahead and picked up some overtime on the Wambulance 24hrs tomorrow :(.  SOL.  Next time for sure.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008, 09:30:20 PM »

okay so I guess we are going to meet at the Loves truck stop at 290 and 2920 at 10:45 and take some back roads down if anyone wants to join us. Sorry for the late post I just got home from a long day of work.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2008, 09:37:42 PM »

Well, I won't be making this one.  Got some projects going on that require my attention.  Maybe I'll make the next one next year!  ;D

McLovin

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »

Well, I won't be making this one.  Got some projects going on that require my attention.  Maybe I'll make the next one next year!  ;D

punk....   >:(

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »

Had a GREAT time..Robert make sure Cat shares her pics with us.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »

It was good to see you guys again and nice to meet some new folks. Thanks for the open invite and hope to see you all again.
Just made it home. Stopped for gas and she wouldn't turn over. :o Good thing it was already warmed up I push started it. Maybe after 4 years it's finally time for a new battery. Guess that's first on my list.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »

Had a great time today. Enjoyed the ride over. Thanks for putting that together Sheri. Great putting faces with names , to bad I won't be able to remember either tomorrow ::). Thanks for the tutorial on valve adjustment Hipshot and break pad install Dave and Brock. But now the bikes are fixed and the weather is starting to cool down a bit, let's ride!
It's all just part of the adventure!

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »

Great tech section/get together it was a fun day. Thanks Robert for hosting it. Thanks Gary for helping with my bike and Tinman for find the bolt. The ride home was a little rough thats all I have to say ;)

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2008, 09:48:58 PM »

Great tech section/get together it was a fun day. Thanks Robert for hosting it. Thanks Gary for helping with my bike and Tinman for find the bolt. The ride home was a little rough thats all I have to say ;)

sherri

I take it some adjustments are needed! ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

Sorry Robert, I ended up taking some Canuk beer home with me :-\, will bring it back when we put some more your bike together! :)

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2008, 10:26:08 PM »

WOW, what a great time that was today! I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves and thanks for coming out and contributing to the fun. I hope everyone got home safely. Thank you Hipshot for the valve adjustment lesson and helpful tips doing the clutch work. Oh and making me nervous watching you rip out the innards of that desmog set up!  ;D ;D  And thanks to the "Wrecking Crew" for the help with beating those damn forks out of the trees! Looking back it's laughable the effort taken just to get 'er done!

I will post up the photos taken. And I have two tools here left behind. Of the 3 I found, 1 was claimed. I have to look and see which 2 are remaining. I'll post it up soon. And LadyVTX .... you are a BAD girl !!! Your next one's on me!  ;)

David, while you're waiting to get the beer back to me, help yourself! But it wasn't Canuk, was it? I forget what I bought?
Well, I'm going back down to the garage and polish off the keg.  ;D  I'll probably sleep there tonight!?  :P

Thanks gang!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2008, 07:04:20 AM »

Thanks for having us over, Robert. It was good to see everyone again, meet some new folks, and it was great to see Spanish Cobra again -- been a long time, Robert! Don't be such a stranger!
02 1800C

McLovin

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2008, 07:50:49 AM »

I had a great time, the food was awesome, the beer was free j/k...  we should have one of this once a week!!!  ok Next week we meet at Ron's house!!!   ;)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2008, 09:44:51 AM »

Thank you Robert for hosting a great event and time, I certainly came away with more than I came with. Great bunch of folks. O0 O0 O0
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal