Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone use a CPAP machine?  (Read 4547 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Anyone use a CPAP machine?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 05:49:23 PM »

Bill, PM sent.
02 1800C

terrible TC

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »

cant live without mine. if you appreciate good sleep, you ll get used to it quick.

Dusty

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 05:54:56 PM »

Well, I go to see how low my PSI is in the morning. Not knowing anything about it, I'm guessing a setting of about 8. Not sure where I came up with that. What was yours?  :-\

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 11:33:47 AM »

Well, I go to see how low my PSI is in the morning.
LOLLLLL...ok, I know this is more of a serious subject matter, but I'm sorry, when you said "see how low my PSI is" it sounds like you're a tire that needs inflating.  It gave me a good laugh.  Hope you get your lungs as inflated as you need.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Dusty

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

Well, I go to see how low my PSI is in the morning.
LOLLLLL...ok, I know this is more of a serious subject matter, but I'm sorry, when you said "see how low my PSI is" it sounds like you're a tire that needs inflating.  It gave me a good laugh.  Hope you get your lungs as inflated as you need.

Yeah, The doc said I was a prime candidate to have a heart attack in my sleep. Over wieght, high cholesterol,  high blood pressure and sleep apnea. So, I ask him if he had any bad news. I suggested some black mollies or perhaps some blue and clears but he is Indian and doesn't believe in that. Then I suggested possibly wiring my mouth shut and the bastard thought that was a good idea.  :-\  I know what your thinking, but I could still type and torment ya'll.  ;D At least until I die in my sleep.

He actually told me that the sleep study noted that the setting on my cpap should be set at 13, which is high. According to him. He's just trying to scare me away from my fried pork ribs and cream gravy.  ;)

Does anyone know what your cpap is set at? Not that I don't trust the Dr. , cause I know he took the Hippie oath.  ;D

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 08:18:18 PM »

Well Dusty, I now know who NOT to invite when I head off to Snook TX for the chicken fried bacon.
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Dusty

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 04:30:29 AM »

Well Dusty, I now know who NOT to invite when I head off to Snook TX for the chicken fried bacon.

Now wait a minute....he specifically said "I could die in my sleep". I don't sleep on my bike or while eating.  :)

I have probably died in someone elses sleep before and I'm convinced that someone is practicing voodoo with a likeness of me.  ;D

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 05:56:57 PM »

If I remember correctly, mine is set at 12.......... Make sure you use distilled water or change it often and keep the reservoir filled to the line. Warren

Dusty

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 07:10:02 AM »

I am now amongst the believers. Man what a difference I feel after just one week of use. My setting is at 13. The majority of the exhausted feeling is gone. I can now get dressed for work and still have energy left to go.  ::) I have been working 10 and 12 hour days (only because that's what it takes right now) and still have energy to go more. I use to play completely out by 2:00 pm. No more of my legs feeling like I just ran a mile all the time. Even my day time breathing is better. My attitude is changing for the better...positivity is creeping in.

I will admit, I stopped all alcohol on the 23rd of this month and another bed time vise I've had for over 30 years.

I would recommend anyone who is suspected of having sleep apnea to try it. There are all kinds of new mask and nostril devises for comfort. I never dreamed that I could tolerate this AppleSauce in my face. Try it! the benefits will more than likely change your mind and you will want to adapt.

Finally....HIPSHOT, a million thanks man. I'm here, just call, anytime!!!!  O0

Bill

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 10:05:52 AM »

I'm thinking of something it not good too so I will just say nothing if it ok with you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »

I will admit, I stopped all alcohol on the 23rd of this month and another bed time vise I've had for over 30 years.
damn, I'm not sure I would be willing to give up sex...I'd rather be out of breath all the time  ::) ;D ;D ;D
"Lucky" Connie
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal