Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Houston area toll roads  (Read 1195 times)

sparkp

• Tejano
Houston area toll roads
« on: August 05, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »

Have any of you ridden the toll roads without an EZ Tag and received a letter? I have always heard that they don't require motorcycles to have an EZ Tag. If you call the Tollroad Authority they say ALL vehicles/motorcycles are required to have them. I have ridden through a couple of the toll booths ( ez tag lanes ) without a tag and never recieved any letters. Just curious about others.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: Houston area toll roads
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 03:24:11 PM »

Yes, all vehicles require them.  Some people ride the center line (which is between both sensors and avoids the camera), but you should be receiving letters at some point.
Chunk the llama.

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:31:59 PM »

Yes, all vehicles require them.  Some people ride the center line (which is between both sensors and avoids the camera), but you should be receiving letters at some point.

I have the bulky tag I keep in my windshield pouch.
William
06 1300 Retro

McLovin

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

also if a cop see you riding the line you can get a fine

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 05:51:55 PM »

You may be confused with the HOV lanes.
In Houston, we bikers are allowed to be in the HOV lanes without getting a ticket.
On the toll roads, you have to pay.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

McLovin

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:44:48 AM »

he said toll roads...

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 06:40:19 AM »

When you recieve the letter, (mine was from a law firm) don't be surprised then the amount owed includes an extra $60 to cover costs.
2004 VTX 1800N

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 07:01:47 AM »

When you recieve the letter, (mine was from a law firm) don't be surprised then the amount owed includes an extra $60 to cover costs.

That doesn't sound right. They send bills to all non-Tag owners using the toll roads here in Austin, but the only financial penalty you suffer is that you pay full price on the tolls. I realize the question is about Houston Toll roads, but tags here work there, and vice-versa.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:22:59 AM »

I created my account the night before we went on a ride that hit the toll roads. I received a letter about a month later that said I had gone through the toll booth and it did not register my tag. There was a $30.00 fine if I did not have an account. I just sent back the letter with my newly created account number and they never said anything.

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »

I recieved a letter from a law firm stating that a truck i owned went throught the E-Z tag lane 3 times without a tag. I was supposed to send a total of $68, which would have been $3 for tolls and $$65 for the cost of processing,(law firms profit). I have bought the ruck for my daughter in March 2006, and knew the truck had never been on the toll road since we bought it. Called the law firm to get the exact dates of the toll violations. They were all in the week prior to my purchade of the truck. I had to send them a copy of my bill purchase agreement (was a repo from my credit union) showing the sate of purchase to get them off my Cranberries.
2004 VTX 1800N

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal