Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: parking  (Read 1295 times)

jdugie123

• Tejano
parking
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:16:40 PM »

ok i thought this would be a fun one to discuss. when you go some where and you take your bike where do you park? for me i will usually find other bikes and park next to them or i will just take a spot that is up close. how about ya'll

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
Re: parking
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »

Hey, it depends. At werk, they have a designated parking area. (Mine is the only bike there today. wimps.) When I goof off and go to Lucky's place of earning money, I park on the sidewalk next to her bike. When I HAVE TO go to wally world, I park next to the fire doors up front. (not in front of them but next to them.) But usually, I find a tree and park under it. That way I don't brand my butt when I come out. If I can't find a tree then I'll just park in a regular slot and walk in. Just because I can. (There was some discussion about that when I was a LOT younger so walking for me is so cool even if it's hot outside.)

"I complained about not having shoes until I met a man with no feet" - Unknown
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 01:51:06 PM »

As my lover just mentioned, when I am at work I park under the covered walkway outside my office.  When I am at stores/restaurants/theaters or whatever I usually try to park in a designated parking spot.  I don't want to take the chance of someone getting their nose bent out of shape that I parked up by the doors, and then doing something stupid to my bike.  Besides walking is good for you  O0
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »

I mostly just use regular parking spots. I do pay attention to the slope and back in when necessary. My fat girl is hard to back peddle up a steep grade.

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »

As my lover just mentioned, when I am at work I park under the covered walkway outside my office.  When I am at stores/restaurants/theaters or whatever I usually try to park in a designated parking spot.  I don't want to take the chance of someone getting their nose bent out of shape that I parked up by the doors, and then doing something stupid to my bike.  Besides walking is good for you  O0

Screw walking. The closer to the entrance the better. I try to park away from the doors if there is enough room.

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »

I mix it up but avoid parking near cars if possible.  My gas tank has yet to recover from my first parking lot experience near cars. >:(
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »

When I was in college, having a motorcycle was the AppleSauce!  our designated motorcycle parking was closer than handicap spaces!

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 03:47:05 AM »

Most of us who ride our bikes to my place of business, get to park in the garage.
John Eagle ACURA has a large air conditioned shop.

When going out to eat, I'll be looking for the designated motorcycle spots or large
sidewalk areas.

Just depends on what part of town I'm in and what establishment I'm patronizing.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 10:22:48 AM »

ya i wish at school the parking was closer but i almost have to walk as far as when i drive my truck i may save a few steps

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal