Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Talimena Drive  (Read 2613 times)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Talimena Drive
« on: July 05, 2006, 07:58:24 PM »

Stopping at picture taking opportunities on mountain tops in Arkansas and Oklahoma this week, I met a couple of X riding couples from somewhere around Allen I believe. Real nice folk. Told them about us and the site, told them to "pop" in, hopefully they remembered the address. Since then, I finally made up cards to give to obvious good folk! ;D They were riding a 1800C and 02 1800R. Also met a young (25ish) couple on a sportster from Ft Worth. Ran into them in Talihina again, had dinner and rode back to Mena before we parted directions. All good people, and all were invited to the site... sooo.. Marigold... quit scarin' folk off!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
Re: Talimena Drive
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:04:52 PM »

Don't know what they're gonna think about our "official brokeback boys". Excellent posting AMS! They'll know we're "free spirits" anyway!
     420! Yeah, baby!

quietguy

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 07:26:27 AM »

I rode up through there in May... gorgeous country!

thriftmaster

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 10:13:03 AM »

Snake,
Were you out doing that ride solo or with a group?
Being new to riding, I'm not comfortable going off solo. I guess I assume that someone may need to call CareFlite or something.

Anyway, I think it's pretty kool to hop on and ride, not knowing what's around the next bend.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:57:11 AM »

Yeah thrifty, was just ridin'. Had the ole lady with me is all. Really couldn't afford going back to Colorado again the 4th, so decided to get in something a little closer. I really like riding like that, no schedule to keep, nowhere to be by a certain time. It makes for a real laid back ride with no pressures.
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 08:14:22 PM »

Looked at my rear tire the third, decided to order one, ordered it the fourth (HDL didn't open back up till the fifth) and it was on my porch today when I got home! 5th-7th! Thats service!
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 09:08:35 PM »

Snake.....I wasn't even going to open this post but something told me to at least look at it......   :D :D

What in Tarnation did I do?   ??? ???

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 03:43:02 AM »

Snake.....I wasn't even going to open this post but something told me to at least look at it......   :D :D

What in Tarnation did I do?   ??? ???

It's your avatar Marigold....makes us all tired!  >:(

J/K  ;D  I'm curious about what you did too.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 05:55:26 AM »

Just messin' with ya Marigold...I was expecting you to come back with something like" If YOU didn't scare them off, how could I?" kinda thing.
On another note though.....why would you not open a post with my name on it???
Marigold said "Snake.....I wasn't even going to open this post but something told me to at least look at it......   ".
I remember you saying one time that you didn't even open a certain persons posts, am I now one of "them"??? ;D

And seriously, that avatar wiggles more than Gators does. I guess I have a lazy eye!
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 07:49:55 AM »

Well.......I didn't know what Talimena Drive was so I wasn't interested......... :'( :'( Sorry Snake.

Damn you have a good memory.... ;)

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 08:04:19 AM »

Mr. Dusty Bill will my Avatar do now..........Enjoy because it will not be there long.. ;D ;D

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 09:19:51 AM »

We didn't mind the wigglin that much marigold. bring her backkkkkkkkk. I was gettin daydreams of a little , energetic female with....oooops! About got carried away.
   The Talimena drive is a mountain ridge road that starts in Oklahoma and runs into Arkansas. I dont remember exactly how many, but I think it's about a 20-30 mile stretch of curvy mountain top roads. It starts outside Talihina Ok and runs to Mena AR. It is a park area with LOTS of vista parks on each side of the road overlooking the countryside. Lots of photo ops.
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 09:56:50 AM »

Here's a little of it:

It's really nicer than these pictures show.
PS. My camera  date was off. These were the 3rd of July.
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »

What is the monument in the 2nd picture.. Pictures are beautiful just for the fact that they were taken by someone that was having a good time.... ;D ;D

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »

rode there yesterday on our way back from riding the dragon at deal's gap, and the cherohala skyway, the skyway is the same kind of roads, but goes up to around 6,000 feet. and the dragon is awesome!!!! but was wet so it was cruise speed only. O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal