Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: dyno  (Read 3235 times)

Marco

• Rider
dyno
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:08:08 PM »

I've been putting off getting my bike dynoed, I had been planning on going to Austin and seeing Johnnycheese since he has been recommended by a lot of guys on here.  Anyways, I have a couple of friends who had their bikes done at Pasadena cycles by a guy named Wolf and are really happy with the result. Has anyone had work done there before? Or should I just go to Austin?
2003 1800 Retro, 20" apes, 3" HK staggered straights, K&N air kit, PCIII, custom dual map, 96.5 HP, 112.6 ft lbs torque

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
Re: dyno
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »

Come here to Austin!!! Johnnycheese is the best in Texas!!!! O0 O0
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »

Marco, without knowing anything about Wolf, I'm certainly not qualified to assess his competence. And without knowing anything about your friends, I've no idea whether they're knowledgeable enough to know a good job when they see it.

Johnnycheese is a master at tuning motorcycles; his competence is well established. If you want to be sure it will be done right, I'd recommend that you just go see Johnny. If you want to give Wolf a shot (and there's nothing wrong with that), I'd inquire into his past; get a feel for what he's done, how long he's been doing it, and how stable his work history has been. If he's really good, his employer(s) should have been making it worth his while to stay. And whichever way you go, report the results here -- we want to know who the masters are and who the ripoff artists and bullshitters are. Buena suerte!!
02 1800C

Marco

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »

Talked to Johnny Cheese today, he made me feel really comfortable about taking my bike to him.  I'm going up there sometime next month. If I want my bike to run the best, might as well take it to the best. Thanks for the advice and recommendations.
2003 1800 Retro, 20" apes, 3" HK staggered straights, K&N air kit, PCIII, custom dual map, 96.5 HP, 112.6 ft lbs torque

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »

+1 on the cheese man, top notch guy and will answer any question you can give him.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:06:11 AM »

I'm gonna take mine too. When are you coming??
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Marco

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »

Sometime in August. I got a couple of vacations during the first couple of weeks in the month. I'm looking for around the 21st.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »

Sometime in August. I got a couple of vacations during the first couple of weeks in the month. I'm looking for around the 21st.

PM me a few weeks in advance.... O0

Claw

• Old Timer
  • Baytown
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 06:30:04 AM »

I'll be the odd-ball in this thread. Wolfgang dynoed my 1800 about a year and a half ago. He did an outstanding job. I don't think I could be happier with the results. Bottom end improved, top end improved and mileage improved. Like night and day.

Yes, he builds american V-Twins, custom machines alot of his parts, and professionally races his own product, (and does rather well), but he knows his way around an 1800 VTX.

I'm not trying to discourage the trip to Johnny, from what I hear he could probably dyno an 1800 with his eyes closed and one arm tied behind his back. Just letting you know, what you heard about Wolfgang is true.

03 1800C
05 GL1800

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »

I would be interested in seeing the numbers (hp& torque) before and after if possible when you get this done. I am considering up grading as my bike is stock and want to gauge the difference so I can know what to expect.
It's all just part of the adventure!

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »

I would be interested in seeing the numbers (hp& torque) before and after if possible when you get this done. I am considering up grading as my bike is stock and want to gauge the difference so I can know what to expect.

Johhnycheese had a free dyno day last year and you were able to put your bike up on the machine.
I would think that he may be having another comming up once the weather cools down.
I would suggest getting a base line without the modifications first and then again once you put your aftermarket parts on and use a
downloaded map closest to your bike in the mean time until you can get back to the dyno.
Then you may want to turn your PCIII off and have a dyno done to see what your gains are and then have it mapped.
I would suggest having the duel map done for both the front and rear cyclinder to maximize your gains.
Johhny posted on VTXOA a map of single map vs. duel map.
I have yet to get my bike mapped and I run without a PCIII, but never had a base line before the add ons.
I have V&H Big shots and kury hyper charger and I was running 98.2 HP and 112.3 torque without PCIII.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=255649&p=2425662#p2425662

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

Wild Bill05

• Tejano
  • My Pride and Joy 05' VTX 1800R
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 07:11:14 AM »

Hey guys, let me know by email or whatever about dyno day.
Really would be great to see and have it done.  Thanks
Believe that the ride is free! And we are free to enjoy the ride!    "Bikes
are everywhere! So Look twice!"

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:54 AM »

Okay since I have no idea, I'll ask .... what's the general cost $$ of having a bike Dyno'd and tweaked for performance?

Dusty

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »

I can't rememebr exactly but I think it's around $200. Unless of course you have an orange bike, then I think they double it.  ;D

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 11:11:43 AM »

I can't rememebr exactly but I think it's around $200. Unless of course you have an orange bike, then I think they double it.  ;D

Orange bikes are double because they are twice as fast. O0
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal