Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Officer Ford:  (Read 1832 times)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
Officer Ford:
« on: July 18, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »

Jim

Finally sprung for a new pistol yesterday. Took your advice and bought a 40 caliber. Got a good deal at Academy on a "Taurus", made in Brazil. Size and all was just right. Guy said it was a very dependable gun at a good price.

Does that check with what you know?

Thanks,

Martin
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Officer Ford:
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 07:25:53 AM »

A liberal with a gun? What's next? Gay cats marrying gay dogs?

;D :D ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Big Ace

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 08:14:21 AM »

I thought a liberal owning a gun was what made them a "Texas liberal".  8) 8) 8)

Or maybe that just comes with the CHL.  :P :P :P

And I love .40... I think you made a great choice.  O0 O0 O0

Wayne
Texas liberal
Wayne R.

Big Ace - Silver 2006 Honda VTX 1800C - now with BadX seat, Paladin Sissy Bar, and Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts

Iron Horses Grazing - photo by my son Kev

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »

Don't worry there, Wayne... the average Texas internet poster can't tell the difference between a liberal and a democrat.  :)

Hint...liberals own guns, democrats are against them, unless they're rich.  :)
My now long gone VTX...

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »

Martin, Y'done good. Now we need to get together and burn some powder some time.
02 1800C

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 04:19:42 PM »

Isn't that Detective Ford now?  O0

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »

Martin, Y'done good. Now we need to get together and burn some powder some time.

I'm in. Gimme a time and a place.

...and Bill, you are right, it is Detective.

McLovin

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »

i had that taurus 45 but could not shoot on target to save my life...  we shold go to the shooting range soon

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »

I shoot regularly and just bought a new Kimber 45.   O0  Would love to do a range day.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

McLovin

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

we did go today to the shooting range... it was a late notice... sorry Mike we didn't tell you early enough, but we will do it again...  Also we did ok, I like the way my Desert Eagle felt... also very accurate  O0   the gun did jam twice...  any suggestions to prevent jamming of it.  Is a brand new gun, I shot 100 rounds today... i think martin said that his gun also jam once. 

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 09:51:04 PM »

A lot of times I have found new guns just need to be worked in.  Or... sometimes it depends on the load you are using.  If the load is real hot, sometimes things expand and you are more likely to get a jam....

There are a number of factors, and i am certainly not an expert, but those are just a couple of things I have had problems with.  Also, I have seen people over-lube their weapons and through the course of fire carbon and other gunk builds up eventually leading to a jam.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 06:15:16 AM »

A lot of times I have found new guns just need to be worked in.  Or... sometimes it depends on the load you are using.  If the load is real hot, sometimes things expand and you are more likely to get a jam....

There are a number of factors, and i am certainly not an expert, but those are just a couple of things I have had problems with.  Also, I have seen people over-lube their weapons and through the course of fire carbon and other gunk builds up eventually leading to a jam.

Good lord, be careful. You're talking to a man recently rumored to be rubbin'....

;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 07:21:57 AM »

Need a sugggestion....

There are three set distances at TOP GUN shooting range.  I don't know how far they are...I call em close, further and all the way down.  I rented a target that had six circles on it to try out the gun at the various distances. At the close range, I clustered nicely around the target, but at the farther distances I spread out to the right of where I was aiming.  In graph terms, I was hitting about where I wanted on the X axis but hitting to the right of the Y axis. Any suggestions from any shooters here about how to fix my aim?

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 07:36:37 AM »

Martin, call me. My cell# is 281/389-2921.
02 1800C

slowbluesriff

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »

Jim

Finally sprung for a new pistol yesterday. Took your advice and bought a 40 caliber. Got a good deal at Academy on a "Taurus", made in Brazil. Size and all was just right. Guy said it was a very dependable gun at a good price.

Does that check with what you know?

Thanks,

Martin

Nice weapon I have one and the 9mm version as well . cant beat them for the price and conceal pretty well.
03 1800c
Bald Cranberries tires and low on gas!
" I am glad my weiner is where i can reach it, and not between my shoulderblades"
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal