Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DISCOUNT MOTORCYCLE TIRE IN PASADENA  (Read 4129 times)

sparkp

• Tejano
DISCOUNT MOTORCYCLE TIRE IN PASADENA
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »

Has anyone had any work done there? And if so, how did it turn out? I am thinking about having them replace my steering head bearings with the All-Balls that I bought.

Or is there another reliable shop to have them replaced at on the South Side of Houston?

Thanks,
Steve

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: DISCOUNT MOTORCYCLE TIRE IN PASADENA
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »

The only thing I have had done there is tire changes and inspections... I have no complaints with them at all. 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:28:06 AM »

The only thing I have had done there is tire changes and inspections... I have no complaints with them at all. 

Me too. Also had them slap on some brake pads last time I changed tires. They do a lot of engine work on HD's.

McLovin

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 12:51:55 AM »

they replace the back tire for my sport bike... no problems... they dont charge any labor for sport bikes when you buy the tires from them, also Kebs both rear tires for her bikes replaced there and no problems. 

They seem to know what they are doing.  I will use them again....  O0

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:00:55 AM »

I take my wheels off and let them change the tires.  I'll never take my bike in and have them remove and install the wheels.  One friend had the axle bolt fall out while riding after they changed his rear tire and another friend had been riding with us after they didn't tighten any of the punch bolts. 

Others have had good experiences.  I'd rather do the work myself.
Chunk the llama.

sparkp

• Tejano
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »

Well I decided to do this job myself. Took everything apart last night, easier than I thought. It only took about 45 minutes to an hour. Took the front tire in today to have a new Avon Venom put on. I will start removing the old races tonight, put in the new bearings and then hopefully complete the job tonight. We'll see how it goes.

Steve

heirloom

• Old Timer
  • Tyler, Texas
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

If having the work done at the shop.....please make sure they change the valve stems!!  I have a friend that had old valve stems left in his wheels and the front one blew off while on the highway at 70mph.  He spent almost 3 mo.'s in the hospital and damn near didn't make it.  The head injuries left him a few cards short of a deck.

Best bet is to replace any rubber stems with stainless steel.  At a few bucks apiece, that's some cheap insurance!!  O0
Heirloom, MSF Rider Coach
Love my bikes!!!

scottyb1

• Tejano
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 07:20:20 PM »

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SHOP?
2005 VTX 1300C, candy apple red leatherlyke bags,mustang seat,,honda line deluxe sissy bar,memphis windshield,lots of chrome, mustang tank bib.kuryakyn highway pegs, kuryakyn wide style levers.Jug huggers,K&N air filter

ChipsMayhem

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »

I have had a couple of tire changes there, the only thing they forgot was 1 of my chrome plugs on the bottom of the front fork.  >:(  They also put in my fork springs and no problem.  :) Other than that I have used them before and will use them again. They do good work at a reasonably fair price..  :c
2003 1800C Candy Red VTX. Cool X Air Box, Custom luggage rack & back rest, Paladin Highway Bars, Memphis Fats Windscreen, Progressive fork springs, Kuryakyn grips, AMA member, MRF member, Patriot Guard member, Nellie Rose is her name.. VTX on a budget!!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »

I used them to replace both tires and replace valve stem on front --- no complaints  :)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

guardrail

• Tejano
  • Man...where u been?
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 12:35:27 AM »

I use City Line Cycle in Deer Park on Center street. Their fast and good. Most shops don't charge labor if you buy the tire from them because they mark the tire up but these guys show you the book price and that's what they charge. Anyway, I trust them and they are real close to me. I was told by Discount motorcycle that they where really backed up and they couldn't even look at my bike for several weeks.
it had a pucker facter of about 5000!!!
Baron aka "Guardrail"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 03:05:33 PM »

I use City Line Cycle in Deer Park on Center street. Their fast and good. Most shops don't charge labor if you buy the tire from them because they mark the tire up but these guys show you the book price and that's what they charge. Anyway, I trust them and they are real close to me. I was told by Discount motorcycle that they where really backed up and they couldn't even look at my bike for several weeks.

Luck of the draw, I was in and out within 1 hour, got a very good price and good service.
Let me say I did call in and order what I wanted, and ensured they could take me on the day I wanted.  They were having a great deal , must have been at a slow time about 2 months ago.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »

nI have delt with them no problems at all and sure have a nice sort of new place now really big.I think they call it On The Boarder now but most still call it the same as it was for years.
Alvin,Texas

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »

They did a 30 minute change of front tire (wheel only) for me. I was happy. Got in and out without buying any new bling for the bike!

Sent three others over and all came back happy with the work.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal