Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: just read it--graphic.....sorry  (Read 3269 times)

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 08:56:29 PM by Davesax36 »

VTXDEMON

Re: just read it
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 06:39:01 PM »

:o

For sale 2 BIKES
2004 VTX 1300C  LOTS OF EXTRAS...
2006 R1 50TH ANIVERSARY

TAKE OVER PAYMENTS

"THANKS DAVE" 

sober

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »

:'(

Swampfox

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »

AppleSauce like this *takes the fun out of it for me, "thanks".  I really didn't need to see this I know this happens and for as reading it, I not going to read it seeing it make me hostile.  If I read it, it could cause me to add to road rage with the cages. GOD MAN WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?  This is why we need to ride together when we can.
I guess it just hit me wrong sorry if I came on to strong.
Swampfox
P.S.
I still remember you were the first to talk to me. I don't want you to think I'm piss at you because I'm not it ok Dave, I realize you have good intentions. 

Martin sorry I had to use one of your lines. *Quote
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 08:52:13 PM by Swampfox »

quietguy

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 08:49:52 PM »

:(   I believe most of us know the results of a crash.

Pretty damn graphic... you may wish to post a warning for those with young ones peeking over a shoulder.

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 08:52:02 PM »

sorry, guys. I read most of the facts part and didn't really look at the pics and vids.

Swampfox

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »

I'm cool Damn Dave I may go back and read the fact God be with us all.  :-\

Swampfox

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »

It's sad, but it does make you think to be safe and always keep on the defense.

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
Re: just read it--graphic.....sorry
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 09:18:40 PM »

As with everything, you have to take the good with the bad.  This is about as bad as it gets.  I look forward to many good times.
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

sober

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 09:41:47 PM »

I did scare me a bit too...but in a good way.  Sometimes we all need to be reminded of the dangers so we can have the fun we do on our bikes (we don't want to get too comfortable and not be aware of our surroundings after all).  I clicked on one of the links and it led me to this site which I think explains the purpose of the site better I think.

http://remembertheriders.com/about.html

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 09:49:53 PM »

The Gif file at the top shows the trucks right side rising at least 1-2 ft when it hit the bike. I never would have thought of a big truck like that trying to "climb" up on top of a bike, I thought it would have been more of a straightforward push. Notice the brakelights didn't even come on till about twenty feet away.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 10:10:16 PM »

This is one of the things that just happens, so to say. It was with out a doubt the guy or lady in the truck was not paying attention and that's really sad, maybe on the phone (my #1 peave about cell phones). That's no reason to sell your bikes, just have to be more attentive of your mirrors and surroundings at all times. It have gotten worse lately it seems. I've been riding for 46 years now and have been in a lot of crashes, it goes with the territory, some my fault and some not. But with every accident or close call you have, it will make you more aware or attentive of the cagers and make you think about "what have I got to do to get out of harms way if ". It's called "Pay Attention" There's a lot of older riders that post on this site that have been around awhile and know what I'm saying. It is and can still be fun to ride nowadays, you just have to watch more than the sencery. Don't sell your bikes, you'll miss it.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 11:11:19 PM »

The only legitimate use of this is to send it to every person you know.  Perhaps, they may look a bit harder for us.  As for the use this serves to us, I think it is totally a downer.  If you were not aware of what could happen to you, you need to sell your bikes.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 06:10:00 AM »

Definitely a buzz killer and the site seemed overdone....but....the laws of physics are what they are, the vulnerability of a human body sitting unrestrained on  a 24" platform at 80 mph in traffic....is what it is.

Being able to see how horrible the consequences can be without having to personally experience them is a good thing for most people and may encourage some of us to get a helmet or wear protective gear that we don't presently feel the need for.  I wear a full face, but don't ever put on my Joe Rocket jacket. These pictures caused me to think about that.

And there are many people riding bikes that don't really have all the skills and comfort level that they need to be on one...and should sell their bike. This might persuade a few.

Thanks for posting it Dave, however next time you might add a little text about the dismembered bodies and so forth. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:11:33 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

VTXDEMON

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 08:02:06 AM »

BIKES STILL FOR SALE   :'( :'( :'(
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal