Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 54,000 miles and I finally let the dealer put a wrench on my bike.  (Read 938 times)

Dusty

I needed a new tire on the rear. I usually have a tire here, so that when I have a tire problem, it's just a matter of getting the wheel off and getting it to someone to mount for me.
Well, for the first time, because someone must be stealing all of my time, I took the bike and tire to the dealer to do it all. I was scared to death they would screw something up.
Well, so far so good, except...... The rascals lubricated my kickstand without telling me. I know, I should be thankful. But, as you all know, the kickstand gets tighter very slowly and I for one hardly notice it. It's just one of those things in life that's harder to do and I get around to lubricating it eventually.
My first stop after leaving the dealer, I damn near snapped my knee into when I put the kickstand down. I thought kickstand had broken off!  :D

Actually, I am satisfied with the service. When I called to see if they could do it, they ask if I could leave it for a few hours. I did, and in less than 2 hours they were calling to say it was ready. Few use to mean 3 so on a Friday, I expected it would be closing time before I heard from them.

Thanks to the Cowboy Honda service dept. Bmt. Tx. And to the saleman that tried to sell me a wing, Not just yet big guy.  ;D

Dusty

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: 54,000 miles and I finally let the dealer put a wrench on my bike.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 07:23:15 AM »

Ya may want to get some lube on that knee?  ??? ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 07:29:15 AM »

As I recall, you did the same thing when I lubed your sidestand.
02 1800C

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 07:39:58 AM »

Ya may want to get some lube on that knee?  ??? ;D ;)

Probably, I was thinking more along the lines of a grease zurt.  ;D

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 07:42:56 AM »

I know Jim! Stupid is as stupid does. The sad thing is a saw you lube it and still kicked at it like I was trying to kick start Harley.  ::)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 07:49:10 AM »

Boy, that sounds all kinds of funny....  :o :P
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal