Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ok I need a tech session in Dallas  (Read 3213 times)

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
Ok I need a tech session in Dallas
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:28:36 PM »

Ok im coming up close on my 4000 miles on my bike sand i need to change the oils and some stuff. Is any one intrested in doing a tech session here in dallas. unfortunetly i dont have a house yet here but i do want do some work on my bike.
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

x-tc rider

Re: Ok I need a tech session in Dallas
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 01:55:52 PM »

Hi,
I am glad you asked that question. I need to be in on the tech session as well. I have read about oil changes, but I'd like to actually watch it being done, along with some other repairs. hopefully someone will respond soon. :D

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 02:10:50 PM »

I am in Allen and am always looking to learn more about working on the X.  I have a pretty good understanding of most of the basics....
Let me know if I can be of any help.

Brad

vtxdouger

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 09:59:19 AM »

I might be interested in getting in on that too...I have 2 VTX Retros that need service pretty soon.....Would be great to do it with someone that has experience to keep from wasteing time and screwing up. Is there more than one person in Allen that does VTX bike work? 

VTXDouger
2002 VTX1800R
2003 VTX1800R  O0

quietguy

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 10:29:02 AM »

Count me in.

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 01:18:41 PM »

Pick up some crush washers for your drain plugs. They can be flipped over and reused at least once but I like to replace them. They are cheap for what they do. They come in packs of ten or the dealer will sell them to you individually.

Texasheat

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 02:12:47 PM »

Would love to get in on one of these tech sessions myself....  :-X

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »

Guys, ya'll pm me if anyone needs any help doing the routine stuff.....  Like I said, I have a jack, pepsx stand, and all the tools for minor routine stuff.  Be glad to help anyway I can.

Brad

VTXShawn

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »

Hello All,

Newbie here. Just bought my 1800 C a couple of weeks ago and am working through this heat to get her broken in. I'd be interested in a tech session in the Dallas area. I'm in Allen. Let me know when and where.

Shawn

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

Welcome Doug, Shawn. This is a good place, lossa nice people.. Shawn, Brad (southernxer) is close to you. Not sure about you Doug, as you don't have a location showing. We try to get everyone to post their city under their avatar, so when responding to a thread, everyone will have an idea where in Texas that person is. Texas is a big place!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

vtxdouger

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »

Okay...I updated my info so everybody knows the necessary stuff about me, that is if I did it right.  I would like to do some stuff to the bikes when a Tec session is going on hopefully soon but it can wait until it cools down.  I'm only in Rowlett, TX so I'm not too far. 

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 03:55:38 PM »

I think we should have a desmogging tech session Brad you know how to do that right ?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 03:57:46 PM by rod181 »
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

quietguy

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 04:16:03 PM »

I think we should have a desmogging tech session Brad you know how to do that right ?

Ditto...

vtxdouger

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 04:22:42 PM »

Let's try for sometime in September when it cools down a little. I mostly need to do the valve adjustment on one and some little stuff on the other we can try to do anytime....What say you???

Doug 

vtxdouger

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 04:36:47 PM »

Oh yea...Thanks Snake for the welcome and right back at ya...I have been on this site before under the same name back in 2002 up to 2004 when I got my first VTX but I guess since I have not been on it for such a long time it kicked me out...go figure???  We use to meet up at Stroker's Dallas on Wednsday night and drink beers, bench race and watch all the dancer's walk around in nities...Those were the days...Then someone switched it to Thursdays or someting like that because of complaints about the women and their tiny outfits and boobs and buts hanging out. It never bothered me any. What a shame.  So I just quit going up there.  Then I moved back to Grand Prairie then to Rowlett. Oh well, I"m back...Lot more VTX's out there then back in 2002. Should be lots of fun come fall.

[img]http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xp1010081ev3.jpg[url

http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xp1010081ev3.jpg

Doug
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal