Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hate Polishing Wheels?  (Read 1009 times)

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
Hate Polishing Wheels?
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »

I know I do.
Would there be any interest in having them done by a student so he doesn't have to get a job in fast food?
My nephew is interested in bikes and I think he would turn out okay eventually working on them.
We all know there are people for college and then there are those who aren't. He is probably the latter but he is very detail oriented in the things he does.
He lives with my wife and I, so I would kinda supervise him.
Anyone interested should know that a shop charges $250 for this service. My nephew would charge about half that if you give him a chance.
I am going to let him do my wifes wheels this weekend as an example to see how he does. I'll post pics of before and after.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
Re: Hate Polishing Wheels?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:03:36 PM »

Do ya think he wants to tackle a set of spokes? ;D
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

ChipsMayhem

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 01:28:39 AM »

I HATE polishing wheels >:(. Let me know how he does. I may get mine done. O0
2003 1800C Candy Red VTX. Cool X Air Box, Custom luggage rack & back rest, Paladin Highway Bars, Memphis Fats Windscreen, Progressive fork springs, Kuryakyn grips, AMA member, MRF member, Patriot Guard member, Nellie Rose is her name.. VTX on a budget!!!

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:55:02 AM »

I know I do.
Would there be any interest in having them done by a student so he doesn't have to get a job in fast food?
My nephew is interested in bikes and I think he would turn out okay eventually working on them.
We all know there are people for college and then there are those who aren't. He is probably the latter but he is very detail oriented in the things he does.
He lives with my wife and I, so I would kinda supervise him.
Anyone interested should know that a shop charges $250 for this service. My nephew would charge about half that if you give him a chance.
I am going to let him do my wifes wheels this weekend as an example to see how he does. I'll post pics of before and after.

I'm in, but I want the delux job, the entire bike! If he is interested. If not, I'll just take the wheel job.
Mine is in really bad shape from sitting under the patio cover all it's life. Think he would be interested in repainting a sidecover as well? I've got the paint, just not the time. I've had a radiator cover sitting around for 3 months too. Does he want to put that on? Tell me when and I will drop it off, or he can do it here.

Bill

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:47:37 AM »

Use a drill with a shaft and wrap a cloth around the shaft it will do the hand work for you

If you use this idea I want my royalties  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:03:26 PM by Swampfox »

carpedm

• Rider
  • Ridin da Dragon 2006
    • More info bout me
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:25:01 AM »

I would be interested...speaking of wheels is there anything you can do about the alloy wheels that have started the squiggly line syndrome (didn’t know what else to call it)
Life is brief and fragile, do that which makes you happy.
Carpe Diem

terrible TC

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 11:09:21 PM »

wheres he live, Ill leave it parked there in the morning lol

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal