Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: V&H Big Shots  (Read 998 times)

kpwalls06

V&H Big Shots
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:17:06 PM »

I'm getting ready to add V&H Big Shots to my '06 1800F, and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback/input on them for this application.  Also, if anyone has advice on a good aftermarket intake and power programmer to run with this set up it would be greatly appreciated,and save me much time at the local shop.  Thanks.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: V&H Big Shots
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 02:06:44 PM »

Big Shots---  Get them!
Thunder Air- Tornado or Hurricane--  Get one!
Power Commander III-  If you do get a fuel programmer this would be the one to get! 

And then go get a custom map done at an authorized Dynojet Dealer.  It does wonders for the overall performance.   JohnnyCheese is down in Cen Tex.  I hear great things about him.  I used Dean at Metric Tech in McKinney, Texas when I had mine mapped and can't say enough great things about him.   O0

As far as putting the Big Shots on...  you are probably going to need a friend.   ;D

edit:

I just saw you are in Carrollton.  Let me know if you want to see mine and I will be more than happy to help you with any install.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:09:13 PM by SouthernXer »

kpwalls06

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:27:07 PM »

Thanks for the adivce boss, much obliged.  It'll be a few weeks yet before I will be back home long enough to get this done, but when I'm there I'd like to take a look at yours, and any help on the install would be great.  Once again, thanks for the thoughts, and I'll let ya know on the install.

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 07:46:13 PM »

If you are not in a big hurry, HDL may have a 4th of July sale. 10% off on all that will buy a lot of gas.  O0

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:10:03 PM »

If you manage to hit over 1000.00, HDL should give you the 10% anytime.

Wild Bill05

• Tejano
  • My Pride and Joy 05' VTX 1800R
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »

:D  Hey, just installed mine. And yes you need a friend!! Extra hands always nice to have.  I have 05'  1800R. Installed V&H Big Shots and the Power commander III USB(PCIII). The power comander was a trick but easily done. Let me explain. You need to make sure you are low on fuel, becuase you may have to drain tank(unless 1300, they have petcock). Remove fuel hoses. Then slightly remove tank to prop it up while you make connections and route harness. That part is easy. Then reinstall tank and connect hoses. Add fuel to tank. Download map for your bike. And hook up laptop and send it to  the PCIII. The pipes were fun. Needed a friend to tug a little while I lined them up. Hope this helps. Some of the bracket bolts were fun, but not that bad.
Believe that the ride is free! And we are free to enjoy the ride!    "Bikes
are everywhere! So Look twice!"

Wild Bill05

• Tejano
  • My Pride and Joy 05' VTX 1800R
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 08:54:44 AM »

Sorry meant to say I ordered mine from Cruiser Customising. Make sure you get new crush gaskets. I paid $509.95 with free shipping for the Big Shots.  O0  The pipes were here in 10 days. Any questions email or post.
Believe that the ride is free! And we are free to enjoy the ride!    "Bikes
are everywhere! So Look twice!"

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal