Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Help (supervision and guidance) request  (Read 4413 times)

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
Help (supervision and guidance) request
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:14 AM »

I have a new set of Progressive fork springs I am wanting to install before a new front shoe before BBT.  I know there are some special tools/equipment needed for this and was hoping someone in the Triangle / Houston area would be willing to assist.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Help (supervision and guidance) request
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:07:52 AM »

Hey Hookem!!
   I know there is someplace online that you can go to that will show you the specs on how to make your own spring tool. Torque helped me do mine about a month ago and he made his own tool to take them out. It was easy as pie to do!! Good luck on your quest, the springs are well worth the time to put them in!!  8)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:18:26 AM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

David

• Rider
  • I'm back home in TEXAS!
David

SeaRider

• Old Timer
  • College Station, TX
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 05:50:01 AM »

Hipshot is a real good source for help and knowledge.  He helped (actually he did most of the work  ;)) me change out my front springs with Progressives.
2008 Goldwing Level 4 - Dark Red Metallic
2005 VTX 1800F Spec 1 - Silver Tribal
RIDE SAFE  -  RIDE FREE!!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »

I know I'm a bit out of the way for you, but if you can make it up this way I can help you out. did mine a few months ago and have access to the special tool as well. I'm just north of austin in leander on 183. I figure about an hour from start to finish to get 'em done. let me know.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »

The project is taken care of, thanks to Hipshot!  Hey, and Bill, I did not have any loose pinch bolts!   ;D

A good day consisting of meeting some new X Riders from Dallas and Houston, some other great folks, and Marigold hit the spot for lunch.  Jim, I can't thank y'all enough for the hospitality and assistance.  Looking forward to BBT!

Jeremy, thanks for the offer.  You know me, I look for any reason to head out to CenTex.  I'll see what other project I can come up with. ;)
Ronald Reagan

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 05:26:58 AM »

The project is taken care of, thanks to Hipshot!  Hey, and Bill, I did not have any loose pinch bolts!   ;D

A good day consisting of meeting some new X Riders from Dallas and Houston, some other great folks, and Marigold hit the spot for lunch.  Jim, I can't thank y'all enough for the hospitality and assistance.  Looking forward to BBT!

Jeremy, thanks for the offer.  You know me, I look for any reason to head out to CenTex.  I'll see what other project I can come up with. ;)

It surely rode different after the spring install.  ;D

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 06:12:01 AM »

It was a pretty good day, even though I was a little short on sleep. It was good to see hookem again and it was a pleasure to meet Morgan Buchanan (he's a fairly fine fella for a Yankee) and his bud (and soon to be new member here) David. Barbara and Wanda from WOW came by also, and it turned into quite the event.

After the wrenching the girls and I went to Bill's for a steak. We ended up with a foot and a half square steak over an inch thick -- even the waitress said it was the biggest steak she'd ever seen. Barbara took a photo of Marigold and me digging in; she's supposed to email it to Marigold for posting.
02 1800C

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »

I'm from North Dakota... no Yankees there.  :)
My now long gone VTX...

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 08:20:40 AM »

It surely rode different after the spring install.  ;D

Spent Sat.'s ride home and yesterday kicking my own arse for not doing this the day I brought the bike home!  I used to be happy with my X.....now, I am simply wondering why for just a few bucks more does Honda not insist on quality like this from the factory.
Ronald Reagan

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 09:45:28 AM »

I'm from North Dakota... no Yankees there.  :)

Morgan if you hadn't figured it out yet, anybody from the Northern side of the Red River is concidered a Yankee, especially when they talk with an accent like you!  O0 ;D ;D ;D

Hookem - I'm in total agreeance with you about if Honda had used their heads and install this style spring from the factroy it would have been better. I couldn't believe it took me so long to make the change either. Wow what a difference. O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 09:52:29 AM »

I can talk with an accent like y'all if I need to....and I'm from WEST of the Red River...  The OTHER one!  LOL

So you're saying an Eskimo is a "Yankee"? 
My now long gone VTX...

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 10:34:07 AM »

I can talk with an accent like y'all if I need to....and I'm from WEST of the Red River...  The OTHER one!  LOL

New York City is north east of the Red River and their still Yankees.
North Dakota is north westerly of the Red River.
Can you see the common word in the last 2 statements. North of the Red River.

No because he's an Indian, and Indians can't be Yankees. The same as Indians can be Cowboys but, Cowboys can't be Indians. Any questions?   :-\ :-\
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »

So what springs did ya'll get? I guess I just gotta have some now, after 60 K+, my front ends sagging a little :o :o ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »

New York City is north east of the Red River and their still Yankees.
North Dakota is north westerly of the Red River.
Can you see the common word in the last 2 statements. North of the Red River.

No because he's an Indian, and Indians can't be Yankees. The same as Indians can be Cowboys but, Cowboys can't be Indians. Any questions?   :-\ :-\

(This thread can't be hijacked because the forks are done LMAO)

Interested in your opinion debate face on...I'm taking nothing personally, I'm not upset, I'm really just curious.

Sure...all KINDS of them.

See, I'm not from a state that fought against the south in the civil war.  It wasn't a state DURING the civil war.  ALL of my ancestors came to this country AFTER the civil war and went directly to places that didn't fight for anyone IN the civil war, including by way of other countries like Canada.

First you say that "anyone from the north" is a Yankee.  Then you change it and say that Indians can't be Yankees...

Well, I GET your logic on why a Native American can't be a Yankee.  But if an Indian can't be a Yankee, then that means there's a criteria for someone "from the north" to not be a Yankee.  So if someone's parents came to the United States in 1979 from Tehran, Iran and they were born in 1985 in Seattle.... Would you call that person a Yankee?  How about a Canadian?  What MAKES a person a Yankee?  Just "any non-native-American born in the north"? 
My now long gone VTX...
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal