Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Highway Peg bolts  (Read 1095 times)

onei

• Trailer Queen
Highway Peg bolts
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:26:57 PM »

Hey everyone,

I recently made a trade (parts for parts) and in the trade I got some highway pegs. The only problem is they did not come with the mounting bolts and the bolts on my bike are too short. They mount directly on to the shift and brake hardware, plus the brake side has a spacer so it is obvious that those two bolts will be too short.

I went to Honda yesterday but all they sell is the stock bolts. So.........

Any idea where I can go to get these. I'm headed to Florida in a week and a half and would really like to have these mounted. BTW-I'm on a VTX 1800C (2002) and I live in Austin.

Thanks in advance. O0

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: Highway Peg bolts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:35 PM »

what brand are the highway pegs?

I know these aren't Rivco, but I called Rivco a while back for 2 pieces for the mounting hardware for their pegs.  I figured they would make me buy the wholle set of hardware for $149, but ended up telling me they'd ship those 2 individual pieces I wanted for $16...

So you might call the manufacturer, be real nice, and see what you can get done...

Also, out here in West Texas, we have lots of places that specialize in nuts and bolts...  Oilfield needs 'em pretty often.  They can get pretty much and size, shape, thread, head you can think of...

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 05:14:13 AM »

Hey everyone,

I recently made a trade (parts for parts) and in the trade I got some highway pegs. The only problem is they did not come with the mounting bolts and the bolts on my bike are too short. They mount directly on to the shift and brake hardware, plus the brake side has a spacer so it is obvious that those two bolts will be too short.

I went to Honda yesterday but all they sell is the stock bolts. So.........

Any idea where I can go to get these. I'm headed to Florida in a week and a half and would really like to have these mounted. BTW-I'm on a VTX 1800C (2002) and I live in Austin.

Thanks in advance. O0
Try Ace hardware, you might even find chromed ones there.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 06:04:48 AM »

If Ace doesn't have them look under "Fasteners" in the yellow pages. If no luck there, a friendly auto parts store could order them, but that would probably take awhile and cost dearly.
02 1800C

onei

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »

what brand are the highway pegs?

I really do not know what brand they are. I pegs themselves seem to be Kuryakyn, but again, I'm not certain.

onei

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 09:19:52 PM »

Try Ace hardware, you might even find chromed ones there.

Thanks POGOGOLF, I had not thought of ACE - I'll give them a try tomorrow. 8)

onei

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »

If Ace doesn't have them look under "Fasteners" in the yellow pages. If no luck there, a friendly auto parts store could order them, but that would probably take awhile and cost dearly.

Thanks for your input hipshot ... I appreciate it. Hopefully I can make this happen this week.  O0

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal