Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: problems uploading  (Read 954 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
problems uploading
« on: March 14, 2008, 07:02:13 PM »

I have had a few jpgs that I wanted to upload today and everytime I try to upload on to a post I get the same message "Upload folder is full.  Try a smaller file or contact an administrator."  The files have fallen within the guidelines.  Is this something others have had probs with also, or am I just not supposed to post my pics today??
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: problems uploading
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »

The server is probably too full.  read the link below, and follow the second set of instructions...

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=5366

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »

Thanks Murray...I have been using the additional options avenue and that is the one that is giving me the "upload folder full" message.  I guess I need to go open up a PHotobucket account...to be honest I am NOT a computer person...I only do it to enjoy stuff like TexasXRiders.  Thanks to the powers that be for people like you that know what in the hell to do and guide the dumba**es like me.
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »

No problem...   :)  I don't really know that much, but if anyone ever needs help with Excel, I am good to go...

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »

Thanks Murray...I have been using the additional options avenue and that is the one that is giving me the "upload folder full" message.  I guess I need to go open up a PHotobucket account...to be honest I am NOT a computer person...I only do it to enjoy stuff like TexasXRiders.  Thanks to the powers that be for people like you that know what in the hell to do and guide the dumba**es like me.

I finally opened a photobucket account and it's been great. I created a folder for it in my tool bar and made it easier to get to and use. I just got an email from  photobucket that they are now offering editing features. Now, if I could just remember to take pictures.  :-\

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 07:15:13 AM »

Ok Murray, let's see how good of a student I am...here is my attempt to test out uploading pics thru Photobucket

Motivational posters

And last but not least

"Lucky" Connie

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 07:22:50 AM »

Why photobucket??? Why photobucket??? Why photobucket??? Why photobucket??? Why does very few use our own Gallery??? I'll never understand it.
The "upload folder" has never worked but once, and is a wasted option until the administrator fixes it for proper use. I just have never figured out why people keep going to photobucket instead of using our own gallery?? Can anyone make sense of it??
 :-[ Forget the fact that I cannot view photobucket  pics, even linked ones, on my work computer, so I have to come home to see what the posts are about and the pictures in them, whats wrong with our own gallery? Those pic's always show at work.
No, I don't want cheese with that wine, either! ;) ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 07:36:52 AM »

Well Snake, I tried to upload pics directly and was told the upload folder was full...so I assumed that meant there was no more room for pics on this server.  I know in another group I am part of, the admin is always asking people to clear out older pics in their photo galleries cause it was getting so full no more pics could be uploaded...thought the same was happening here.  Sorry you can't see my funnies at work.
"Lucky" Connie

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »

Snake, when I get some time, I'll work that into the tutorial as the second option...

I see there is already a tutorial in the miscellaneous albums... done by you!

http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/v/album33/posting+pics+101/Creating+albums+andadding+pictures/

O0
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:52:45 AM by murray_61 »

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 12:50:14 PM »

I pm'd Tapper about the folder being full, but I haven't heard anything back.  I might have to break down and call him.
Chunk the llama.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal