Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: darksiders wannabee here  (Read 834 times)

kded4009

• Tejano
darksiders wannabee here
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »

looking at the tire size and just wondering for a 2003 1800c what would be a good tire size?
205/55? 60? 65?/16.  Is the 55 too low and gives the rider more road feel than warrant?  does the 65 give too much a rise to the back that it affects the front wear?  Is the 60 the best?  what advantages is one size tire 55, 60, 65 over the next?  I understand the height of the tire size, but what does size of the tire mean in terms of riding?

thanks,

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
Re: darksiders wannabee here
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:26:04 PM »

Displaced Texan.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:28:11 PM »

I too have an 03 1800c. 

Here is what I did to mine:  http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=4866.0

I think the specs on the tire height match up to the stock tire very closely, although I maybe sitting a little lower.  I had the bad-x extreme mod done at the same time, so that sat me down lower anyway.  I don't feel anymore of the road than I did before, and really like the size I went with.  I ordered the tire from www.thetirerack.com  I believe member - Morgan Buchanan - just got the same exact tire for his bike too.  He's up in the DFW area, you should talk to him if you want to check it out in person before you come over to the darkside.  Also, check out http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/10/27/theDarkSide.html  The guy that wrote that article, Daniel Meyer, lives in Dallas.  He may be able to give you some good advice too.  He is on myspace.com

Hope that helps...

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »

looking at the tire size and just wondering for a 2003 1800c what would be a good tire size?
205/55? 60? 65?/16.  Is the 55 too low and gives the rider more road feel than warrant?  does the 65 give too much a rise to the back that it affects the front wear?  Is the 60 the best?  what advantages is one size tire 55, 60, 65 over the next?  I understand the height of the tire size, but what does size of the tire mean in terms of riding?

thanks,
The size of tire probably determines stiffness of the ride 65 soft ride, 60 medium ride, 55 harder ride less rubber for bounce I would think
I use the 205/60 since this helped me bring my Speedo closer to actual I could have gone to a 65 and got even closer, but maybe next time (trial and error thing) but the 60 rides nice for me with 42 psi
You may want to hook up a GPS and see what your actual is verses what your Speedo says with the MC tire
here is a good calculator but not sure how a MC tire size differs from a C/T
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos
I forgot to hook up and record my numbers with the GPS when I had the MC tire so I could not tell you by how much, but normal is ~ 10% from the factory.

I actually posted these before Speedo/GPS numbers with the C/T
speedo - 80  GPS - 76.4
speedo - 60  GPS - 57.4

that's all I could remember since it was so nice out I forgot until I was on my way home to remember more numbers

hope it helps, but sometimes I confuse myself when I try to explain this stuff :D :D

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal