Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: damn weather  (Read 1011 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
damn weather
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:25:16 PM »

well, I didn't ride to work today cause some nasty weather was supposed to blow in.  And did it ever blow in.  Sitting here at work all glad I am warm and dry when hubby calls and says "Well, baby, you don't have to worry about dropping your bike now"...it seems that the storm that blew thru here a couple of hours ago blew over my bike.  I have a cover over it and I guess the intense winds used the cover as a sail and pulled her over.  It appears that the cover kept some of the scratches to a minimum but I apparently have scratched up mufflers, damaged foot peg and smashed end of grip on the right side. Thankfully the gas tank is not damaged.   :'( and she is less than 2 months old.
Calling apt office right now to see what it would cost to rent one of their garage spaces.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: damn weather
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »

Sorry to hear. :'( 

I'd post specifically what's damaged and I'm sure some of the members might be able to help with items they're not using.  Try the same with the www.vtxoa.com board.
Chunk the llama.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »

Thanks Brock...Wed night at Iguana Joe's I'll show off her booboo's
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »

That sux! :(  Hope it can be repaired easily.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »

Damn, bad luck hope it's not too bad
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 01:59:16 PM »

:( Sorry to hear of it, Lucky. Do you keep you bike under a covered parking spot at all? Usually cheaper than a garage and if you get a parking spot next to one of the vertical support columns, maybe chaining your bike closely to it might help accidental blow overs?

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »

The apt complex offers carports and garages...going to check and see if either one is available, cause you are right, even chained to the post of a carport could have possibly alleviated this situation.  Hubby and I should have taken the hint several months ago when our area had an intense downpour that caused lots of street flooding.  Some jerk went driving thru the parking lot in his pickup at a speed that caused a wake that knocked hubby's bike over...there was enough damage on his to claim insurance. 

Hit me once shame on you, hit me twice shame on me...I'm not going to wait for a third hit.
"Lucky" Connie

VTX DUST

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 03:58:12 PM »

I kept my X in the parking lot for one week with a cover befoer I broke down and rented a garage.  I pay $100/month so I hope you can get one cheaper.   I was also worried about the cover flapping against the bike and scratching the clear coat.  To justify our garage expense we bought another motorcycle!   ;)

Were your pipes stock?  I've got a brand new set sitting in the garage that you are more than welcome to.

Jason

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »

Bummer............... :'(

I think Jim said he already emailed you........
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »

That sucks!  If there is not much difference between the two, obviously go for the garage.  Even if you chain it up to a carport beam, what if the wind blows the other way and knocks it into the beam?  That'll leave a mark on a tank, for sure, or anything else it hits.

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »

Wow that sucks. You are not even in El Paso!! ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal