Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: darkside  (Read 1039 times)

kded4009

• Tejano
darkside
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »

I'm interested in putting on a CT instead of MT (darkside).  Does anyone knows of a place or a person in the Plano/Richardson/North Dallas area of where to go to to get the CT put on the motorcycle rim?  Most bike shops will not do it, and neither will the auto retail shops, not even Jose's Place!  It seems they are all saying they do not want to take on the legalities of it...Gosh, I'm getting the impression this is illegal or something...good. :P
thanks,

VTX DUST

Re: darkside
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:20:34 AM »

I would give the guys at Denton County Choppers a call, when I visited they said they could do anything up to a 360 tire if needed.  Here is a link to there web site:  http://www.dentoncountychoppers.com/

They are located on Main Street in Frisco, TX

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »

http://www.southwestsuperbikes.com/

These guys said they'd do it for me for $65...full installation.  It's where I'll probably go in late march when I'm back from vacation to go dark myself.
My now long gone VTX...

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 11:47:49 PM »

I bought the HF changer, Got it done alone, it is not a one man job. I am very happy being a dark sider.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »

what size tire did you go with tom?  What X do you have?
My now long gone VTX...

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 08:28:59 AM »

My X is a 03 C 1800, I went with the Michelin Hydro Edge 205 65 16. I like it a lot. I put the Metz on the front. Its hard to say what gets the credit, but my bike handles a lot better now. No grinding or mods necessary.   

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »

Ok, I hate to look or sound stupid, but I just can't figure out what you guys mean by "darkside".  I gather it is something to do with tires, but what does it mean exactly?   CT, MT, HF....these are terms I am not familiar with.  Thanks for enlightening me.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTX DUST

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 12:22:56 PM »

Ok, I hate to look or sound stupid, but I just can't figure out what you guys mean by "darkside".  I gather it is something to do with tires, but what does it mean exactly?   CT, MT, HF....these are terms I am not familiar with.  Thanks for enlightening me.

Darkside is a term used when replacing a rear motorcycle tire (MT) with a car tire (CT).  I'm assuming (HF) is the Harbor Freight tire changer you can purchase. 

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »

Thanks VTXDust for helping me see the light...ummmm or is that the "dark"  ;D
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 02:16:54 PM »

I'm interested in putting on a CT instead of MT (darkside).  Does anyone knows of a place or a person in the Plano/Richardson/North Dallas area of where to go to to get the CT put on the motorcycle rim?  Most bike shops will not do it, and neither will the auto retail shops, not even Jose's Place!  It seems they are all saying they do not want to take on the legalities of it...Gosh, I'm getting the impression this is illegal or something...good. :P
thanks,

It's not on your side of town, but just in case, two wheel world in Arlington will do it.

Jack

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal