Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: leak AGAIN?!!  (Read 722 times)

kded4009

• Tejano
leak AGAIN?!!
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:25 AM »

So this morning, I was preparing for a commute ride into work when I notice something underneath the bike,  :ono it was the snow under it (even though that is strange in Dallas! in March), but a quarter size leak of antifreeze right in the middle of the bike.  I just gotten the water pump changed out via the warranty by Al Lamb's in Oct 2007 502 miles ago.   >:( Could this have been already break again?  Could Al Lamb service not even be par to fix such Honda nonrecall issue?  Will it snow again before I get the bike fix?  Well stay tune on this same bat channel, bat time, and battiness, for the answers to these questions and others.  :D

well isnt that special.... it figures out that one of the screws on the flange to the water pump was missing.  Was one of Al's mexicant sleeping on the job? or forgot to locktite it? who knows for sure, But I have to say in and out 45 mins , no charge, with a new bolt on.  Checked the fluid levels and system, looks and feels great.  So off I go...thanks Al.

kded4009
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:05:57 PM by kded4009 »

Dusty

Re: leak AGAIN?!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:28:03 AM »

I've got an 03c that is kept under my patio cover. I have noticed that when we have the Texas temp changes (warm to cold in a matter of hours) that I will sometimes get a small circle of anti freeze. On mine, it's the top hose clamp. I spent many an hour worrying and searching until I found that the leak was dripping into the little lip (u shape) on the top of the radiator, running to the kick stand side and then to the bottom of the radiator. If it leaks while moving the water goes everywhere and you can;t tell what's leaking.

I found mine after getting back from the shop to be repaired only to find that it wasn't repaired (last time that it went to the dealer) and leaked constantly until the bike was completely warm. I let the bike get cooled off and waited for it to get dark.
I got a good flashlight, cranked the bike and watched all the hose clamps until I saw water.

It's an expansion and contraction thing between the metal and rubber.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ;D

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:01:17 AM »

WTF???  :o  I've never seen antifreeze under my bike.  :D
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »

Just puddles of oil, right? O0
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »

You might check the cross pipe between the jugs, too.  The O rings may be bad.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »

Do you even have a TEMP guage or do just go by feel?????????  :P :P ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal