Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Honda Shutting Down Motorcyle Production in Ohio  (Read 3309 times)

hangman

• Old Timer
Re: Honda Shutting Down Motorcyle Production in Ohio
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »

and I just put the wing off for another 3-5 years - guess it's just as well I can't afford another bike any way. . .  ???

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »

Everyone except the US is dropping their corporate tax rates to attract businesses or bring them back. Meanwhile the US raises them and wonders why all the manufacturing jobs are going over seas? It is impossible to tax a company/business. Any taxes are added to the price of the product or service and passed on to the consumer. Eventually, the company is forced to move their business somewhere they can produce a product at a competing price.

www.fairtax.org
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »

Kick everyone off the government tit, and quit policing for the world, and we could cut the tax rates here as well....  >:(
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 10:05:20 PM »

All I got to say is...........nothing, I'm drunk and I ride a VTX that was made in the U.S.A.!!!  Hey Jeff, are yammi's made in the U.S.?  Damn, I need more vodka........ :-\
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 12:19:03 AM »

Damn, I need more vodka........ :-\

+1    8)  ???

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 04:56:49 AM »

All I got to say is...........nothing, I'm drunk and I ride a VTX that was made in the U.S.A.!!!  Hey Jeff, are yammi's made in the U.S.?  Damn, I need more vodka........ :-\

Sober up, son, my comment wasn't about Honda vs. Yamaha. When the dollar isn't strong, and you have to use it, (because of import/export rules), to buy materials globally, it can very negatively affect the price of your finished goods.

That finishes your lesson for today. I'll send the take home quiz along with your wife, when I kick her out of the sack here in a few...  :o ??? ;D ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal