Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reaction to Michell Obama's "Anti America" Speech  (Read 2479 times)

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Reaction to Michell Obama's "Anti America" Speech
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »

Author - Michelle Malkin

Like Michelle Obama, I am a "woman of color." Like Michelle Obama, I am a working mother of two young children. Like Michelle Obama, I am a member of the 13th generation of Americans born since the founding of our great nation.

Unlike Michelle Obama, I can't keep track of the number of times I've been proud -- really proud -- of my country since I was born and privileged to live in it.

At a speech in Milwaukee this week on behalf of her husband's Democratic presidential campaign, Mrs. Obama remarked, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change."

Mrs. Obama's statement was met with warm applause from other Barack supporters who have apparently also been devoid of pride in their country for their adult lifetimes. Or maybe it was just a Pavlovian response to the word "change." What a sad, empty, narcissistic, ungrateful, unthinking lot.

I'm just seven years younger than Mrs. Obama. We've grown up and lived in the same era. And yet, her self-absorbed attitude is completely foreign to me. What planet is she living on? Since when was now the only time the American people have ever been "hungry for change"? Michelle, ma belle, Barack is not the center of the universe. Newsflash: The Obamas did not invent "change" any more than Hillary invented "leadership" or John McCain invented "straight talk."

We were both adults when the Berlin Wall fell, Michelle. That was earth-shattering change.

We've lived through two decades' worth of peaceful, if contentious election cycles under the rule of law, which have brought about "change" and upheaval, both good and bad.

We were adults through several launches of the space shuttle, in case you were snoozing. And as adults, we've witnessed and benefited from dizzyingly rapid advances in technology, communications, science and medicine pioneered by American entrepreneurs who yearned to change the world and succeeded. You want "change"? Go ask the patients whose lives have been improved and extended by American pharmaceutical companies that have flourished under the best economic system in the world.

If American ingenuity, a robust constitutional republic and the fall of communism don't do it for you, hon, then how about American heroism and sacrifice?

How about every Memorial Day? Every Veterans Day? Every Independence Day? Every Medal of Honor ceremony? Has she never attended a welcome home ceremony for the troops?

For me, there's the thrill of the Blue Angels roaring over cloudless skies. And the somber awe felt amid the hallowed waters that surround the sunken U.S.S. Arizona at the Pearl Harbor memorial.

Every naturalization ceremony I've attended, where hundreds of new Americans raised their hands to swear an oath of allegiance to this land of liberty, has been a moment of pride for me. So have the awesome displays of American compassion at home and around the world. When millions of Americans rallied to help victims of the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia -- including members of the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group that sped from Hong Kong to assist survivors -- my heart filled with pride. It did again when the citizens of Houston opened their arms to Hurricane Katrina victims and folks across the country rushed to their churches, and Salvation Army and Red Cross offices to volunteer.

How about American resilience? Does that not make you proud? Only a heart of stone could be unmoved by the strength, valor and determination displayed in New York, Washington, D.C., and Shanksville, Pa., on September 11, 2001.

I believe it was Michael Kinsley who quipped that a gaffe is when a politician tells the truth. In this case, it's what happens when an elite Democratic politician's wife says what a significant portion of the party's base really believes to be the truth: America is more a source of shame than pride.

Michelle Obama has achieved enormous professional success, political influence and personal acclaim in America. Ivy League-educated, she's been lauded by Essence magazine as one of the 25 World's Most Inspiring Women; by Vanity Fair as one of the 10 World's Best-Dressed Women; and named one of "The Harvard 100" most influential alumni. She has had an amazingly blessed life. But you wouldn't know it from her campaign rhetoric and her griping about her and her husband's student loans.

For years, we've heard liberals get offended at any challenge to their patriotism. And so they are again aggrieved and rising to explain away Mrs. Obama's remarks.

Like Lady Macbeth, Lady Michelle and her defenders protest too much.
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Reaction to Michell Obama's "Anti America" Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:10:11 AM »

Can someone please explain to me what the hell The Change is that Hussein Obama is going to bring?  Is it Universal Healthcare, socialized medicine, higher taxes, and less Military?  Are these some of the "Changes" he keeps spouting off about?  I hear his speaches and I leave confused and empty on what it is he actually stands for and what he actually means by change.

These people the reporters keep interviewing are hilarious, too.  Please have a better answer asto why you are voting for Hillary or Obama other than because she is a woman and he is black.  That's just ignorant and blind to the more important things that should be considered when running the country.

Oh, and by the way, this short video is vitally important to anyone who is considering to vote Obama/Clinton or any others who think the government should provide “FREE” healthcare…

The only word that should follow that word is “MARKET:…FREE MARKETS result in quality care and efficiency! CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND SEND TO YOUR FRIENDS!

This IS NOT a political ad. It is however, an independent video of what is going on and how it will be with socialized medicine/healthcare.

http://www.freemarketcure.com:80/brainsurgery.php

Ok, I'm through.   ;D

N5TWL

• Master Tejano Rider
  • If it hurts when you do that don't do that!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »

All these politicians are running their collective mouths about many so called inportant issues but not one has even mentioned the high price of fuel, how it is effecting the economy, or even how the oil companies are raping the american public. Well I guess we know where all the campian election funds are coming from.
Screw all the politicians before they screw us even more.
2011 Harley Street Glide, Sedona Orange, Ken Smith pinstriping.

dukester55

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »

Justed wanted to say thanks for the eloquent response you made on the Anti American Speech.
Maybe we could vote for you.

All the Best,
Malcolm Duke
Hurst,Tx.
04 Candy Red VTX 1800R Spec 3
just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Boogie

• Master Tejano Rider
  • GULF OF MEXICO
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 01:01:08 PM »

Justed wanted to say thanks for the eloquent response you made on the Anti American Speech.

All the Best,
Malcolm Duke
Hurst,Tx.

I agree this was an excellent post, some people are making a decision for the wrong reasons.
  I feel the same way Rock n Roll.
                      Native Texan, I ride a steel horse

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:21:17 PM »

All the Best,
Malcolm Duke
Hurst,Tx.

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious but I wouldn't take the job of PUSA for any amount of money.   ;D  However, I do feel that there are probably a lot of us here on the board that have better ideas than the goons that are running. 

...and if you are serious.  Feel free to write my name in on the ballot.   Brad McNeel   O0

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »

Let me go the other way. As i am a hard core Republican either way, I do not think that she meant that the way she said it. She is obviously about as good of a public speaker as George W. I think that she and her husband are very patriotic and have good points in what they say and do. I do think on the other hand though that she would not be aloud to talk if I was running for president.

I think she meant to say " This is the time that I am most proud of my country, everyone wants change." She just is not a public speaker and messes words up. She has done this once before and when she explains. what she meant to say you realize the same thing happened.

I dont know and hope I dont start fights but yes she messed up by wording it wrong but no I dont think that they are any less American or appreciative of all that America has gave us.  O0
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 05:08:13 AM by Militman »

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 08:32:37 PM »

My feelings are, if you are not proud of America or do not like what this great "COUNTRY" of ours does, there are planes and ships leaving everyday for foriegn destinations.  I will gladly drive you to the transportation of your choice so you can get the h### out of here.
William
06 1300 Retro

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 09:51:34 PM »

I think neither one are patriotic and have no idea why people think he is the new savior of the U.S. as he has done nothing since he has been in the office he holds now.My prediction is if he gets in office no later than the first quarter of 2010 we are going to get hit again and  and much harder this time than  before what will he do NOTHING.
Alvin,Texas

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 10:23:57 PM »

I think neither one are patriotic and have no idea why people think he is the new savior of the U.S. as he has done nothing since he has been in the office he holds now.My prediction is if he gets in office no later than the first quarter of 2010 we are going to get hit again and  and much harder this time than  before what will he do NOTHING.

I totally agree with you and your prediction.   8)

Dusty

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 06:00:59 AM »

Personally I think that just about anyone that gets elected will be a puppet for those politicians that have been in office for years and years. The whole crew needs to be systematically replaced with Americans who have WORKED thier way to the top and not surfed thier way there on the waves of the rich. Until this happens and most of the lawyers are removed from the system it's going to be the SOS.

Obama is a fad just like the hula-hoop. He lost with me when I saw the pic of him not participating in the pledge of allegiance. How dare he!

Hillary is a control freak that just wants to see things done her way, be it a good thing or not. I might feel different if she had sent Bill packing and told him she was keeping the White house. Bill was in Bmt. yesterday meetng with the Mexican leaders of the community. The topic of discussion was how to create a short cut to citizenship. Then he had a public rally. People seem to think Bill when you say Hillary and I believe she is a front for him. I don't trust either of them.

My biggest concern is the security of our nation. When it comes nut cutting time, I think Obama will shy away, Hillary will cry and make excuses, Huckabee will pray. So, that leaves McCain to kick Cranberries and take names. Without being safe and free, the rest of it really won't matter.

If you want change get the sorry bastards that are able to work but won't out of the system and out of my pocket! Change it so more babies doesn't mean more income. They have created a system that has failed and created a populous that expects the hand outs and does not see them as a temporary crutch. They honestly think we owe it to them. The worthless have mastered the system.

Another Bill

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »

Well Dusty you said it best. All the politicians will be puppets in the end. Ultimately they promise a lot and only produce a little. They are more like a single ammbassador for this great country.

Now once again I have to shoot down that comment about Obama not putting his hand on his heart during the "Pledge of Allegiance." It was during the National Anthem that he didnt put his hand on his heart. You are not required to and many athletes do not do it before the game. Many people in the crowds dont either. I never did during the National Anthem either. I put my hands in front like him. Now that congress said military vets can salute the flag during the national anthem while not in uniform, I salute it now.

This is one of many sites showing what really happened with Obama. Lost of writing and a 2 videos. First video he does what many people do. The second video he puts his hand over his heart. Please watch and read. I am not argueing I just hate when rumors that some *** first started (not you) ruins somebody. O0
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:04:45 AM by Militman »

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 09:42:12 AM »

Does it really matter anymore whether you are a "Proud American" or Patriot? sic People are sheep and simply forget/refuse to understand what the big picture is.  Husein Obama will probably be the next PUSA because people are going to vote for him because he's black.  Clear and simple.  You'll see that more blacks are going to vote in this election than ever before in our History but few will actually understand what Husein Obama actually stands for.  Except that he stands for "Change".    It's going to take another 9-11 for all of the forgetters to remember.  I am afraid the first thing Husein Obama is going to do is scale down the military much like someone else did in the 90's and "BOOM!", we'll get hit again.  Don't worry though, because the day after we'll all have our American Flags on our trucks and be united against the asses that attacked us.  For awhile anyway.   :-\

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:26:01 PM by SouthernXer »

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty." - Ron Paul
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 10:59:35 AM »

Yes southernXer, I agree with you fully about the military and trade center. That is one of the main reasons why I am Hard Core Republican. I foresee a downsize and paycut to the military also, if a democrat goes into office. Mccain wants to send more troops over there. As much as I hate deploying and leaving my family back here, if that is what it takes to keep our country and citizens safe then I am all for it. Screw peace talks and turn the other cheek method. I am for show of force. Not to mention that with a republican in office the military gets better pay(which is already low) and better supplies. O0
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal