Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Progressive front springs?  (Read 869 times)

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
Progressive front springs?
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:12:29 PM »

I have a VTX 1300C with 11" rear progressive springs and the front has 6 degree trees with 4" extensions. I noticed this weekend that it was seeping out out of the frontend between the fork and the extension. DA said I could probably just drop the fork and re torque it and be done. While I have it dropped would it be pretty easy to add some progressive springs to the front end? Is this recommended? How will it affect my handling? Just curious. I don't want to do the work twice (decide I want the springs after I put it back together) or put the springs in and hate how it drives...

Thanks!!
Nick

JamesC

Re: Progressive front springs?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »

I did it. One of the first things. I noticed a lot better handling and when I have had to pull the front brake hard, the front end doesn't dive like it used to. I recommend them.

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:26:56 AM »

I have been looking for progress front springs and can't find them.  Local stealer says he can not find them either, anyone know where to find them or will the 1800 springs fit?
I have a 1300C.
I am a fat boy and bottom out on the stock ones.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:40:15 AM »

I have been looking for progress front springs and can't find them.  Local stealer says he can not find them either, anyone know where to find them or will the 1800 springs fit?
I have a 1300C.
I am a fat boy and bottom out on the stock ones.

HDL has them for the 1300C
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=4182&str=12&ID=872445315

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hooter

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »

I have a VTX 1300C with 11" rear progressive springs and the front has 6 degree trees with 4" extensions. I noticed this weekend that it was seeping out out of the frontend between the fork and the extension. DA said I could probably just drop the fork and re torque it and be done. While I have it dropped would it be pretty easy to add some progressive springs to the front end? Is this recommended? How will it affect my handling? Just curious. I don't want to do the work twice (decide I want the springs after I put it back together) or put the springs in and hate how it drives...

Thanks!!
Nick

I can't say how your 1300 with 6 degree rake will or would handle but I know after changeing to Progressive fronts on my 1800, it was a whole new world. It didn't nose dive into corners, braking didn't seem to drive the front end down as hard and definitely not as far down, and it seems to be a little better on stability.       

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »

Thanks Hooter, The stealer says he could not find them at HDL ,, thanks you I called HDL and I will have them Friday in the am.   O0

hooter

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 01:22:31 PM »

Thanks Hooter, The stealer says he could not find them at HDL ,, thanks you I called HDL and I will have them Friday in the am.   O0

Glad I could help.  O0

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »

Hey, 1300, I ride a 1800 with progressive springs and they are alot better.  They don"t collaspe when you break hard with the front break and the are much better in the corners.  PUT THEM IN YOU WILL BE GLAD,  Also put 15 weight oil or a multigrade with 12 to 16 rating.  Honda uses 10 and it is like water.  ENJOY

PAPERPEDDLER

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal