Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Custom TX Plates on the VTX  (Read 5416 times)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Custom TX Plates on the VTX
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 09:55:02 AM »

Well I signrd up for "HOOTER" as it was not taken, I couldn't believe it.  Well last Thursday I hear for the DOT and the nice madam on the other end of the line tells me that the "board", whoever they maybe, (I've got it figured that it's the Old Lady's with Blue Hair Quilting Club at the Mabank First Baptist Church), rejected my plate as it was inappropriate for viewing on our beautiful highway system here in the wonderful state of Texas. I was in formed on my next choice if I used only 5 letters then I can insert a space between letters, such as
 HOOT R. Ok she said she would submit this one and see how it goes. If I hear back again that it didn't pass, I think I'll try one more and if by some weird reason it goes through I might not really use it on my scoot, maybe I will. It's a quote from the movie Blazing Saddles that a Old Blue Haired lady said, so surely it would be acceptable to this group. I can't fit the whole statement she said on the plate but it started with  "UP URS".
 ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 10:02:15 AM »

Had to be done.  But I have to DRIVE to the county courthouse and PICK IT UP when it's in?  What kind of rinky-dink operation is this?  I suppose it some security so it doesn't get stolen or some other b.s.

I think I'd ask for some type of endorsement money from GP before I'd advertise like that.  Tiger ain't driving a Buick because it's cool, afterall.  ;D 

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008, 11:04:06 AM »

Well I signrd up for "HOOTER" as it was not taken, I couldn't believe it.  Well last Thursday I hear for the DOT and the nice madam on the other end of the line tells me that the "board", whoever they maybe, (I've got it figured that it's the Old Lady's with Blue Hair Quilting Club at the Mabank First Baptist Church), rejected my plate as it was inappropriate for viewing on our beautiful highway system here in the wonderful state of Texas. I was in formed on my next choice if I used only 5 letters then I can insert a space between letters, such as
 HOOT R. Ok she said she would submit this one and see how it goes. If I hear back again that it didn't pass, I think I'll try one more and if by some weird reason it goes through I might not really use it on my scoot, maybe I will. It's a quote from the movie Blazing Saddles that a Old Blue Haired lady said, so surely it would be acceptable to this group. I can't fit the whole statement she said on the plate but it started with  "UP URS".

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008, 12:18:35 PM »

You talkin' about the Sheriff?   ;D  "The Sheriff's near!" 

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2008, 07:22:41 AM »

Funniest.  Movie. EV-AH!

Seriously I'm getting it because it's a tweak to some and a funny inside joke to me....  I thought about getting CRKNGT (CR for chromium and kngt for knight, my medieval hobby) but everyone I showed that to thought it meant "cranking it".  And plain old "KNIGHT" was taken. 

But the way TX does it, you could get a different plate every year for no additional cost.
My now long gone VTX...

hooter

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »

You talkin' about the Sheriff?   ;D  "The Sheriff's near!" 

Yes I believe the conversation was directed "at" the "New Sheriff". 8) 8)

hooter

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »

YEA  O0 O0 I think I finally got one to pass the Blue Haired Ladies Quilting club at the Mabank First Baptist Church.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 04:49:12 PM »

YEA  O0 O0 I think I finally got one to pass the Blue Haired Ladies Quilting club at the Mabank First Baptist Church.

Now, that's a good'un!   O0

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2008, 05:20:45 PM »

Yeah buddy!
My now long gone VTX...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal