Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Darkside is here  (Read 2528 times)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Re: The Darkside is here
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »

I've been in situations when a car tire helped, and in situations when it hindered.

Later this year I plan on moving back to Dallas/Fort Worth.

Can you elaborate on what situations you've had where it hindered?  Just trying to further my edumacation.  :)

Any idea approximately in the 'plex you're going to be locating yourself?

On crown topped roads, (or any uneven surface):
The bike will want to go down the hill. You have to conciously hold it straight.
Especially at an intersection when coming to a stop, and taking off.

Roads under construction:
I ride on Harry Hines between Market Center Blvd. and Oak Lawn. Holes, patches, and uneven surfaces at 30 mph. It's like riding in a rodeo except you hold on with both hands.

One situation where it's helped was an emergency stop on a back highway. I went from 80 mph to 0 so fast I thought I was going through the windshield. LOTS of stopping traction.

Don't know exactly where I want to move yet. I work in the area of Harry Hines and Wycliff. The area is being renovated and there are lots of new 300K townhomes being built there, but I commute 80 miles to work now so anywhere would be an improvement. I'm keeping my options open.  :)
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »

I agree with the crown top roads, the tire want to stay flat so it pulls you down the road, you have to countersteer the bike to stay where you want.
Also turning @ very slow speeds, again the tire wants to stay flat so you have to be really focused on what your doing.

The c/t really puts you on your A game, but once you get use to this, just like anything else, it seems to become second nature.
I do not have many miles on the C/T maybe 500 or so and I really like it. If money was not a concearn I would probably stick with a M/C, but for now the C/T is my solution.

I have grown up on bikes and have had one type or other for about 22 years.
Started with dirt bikes as a kid, to mopeds, on dual purpose bikes to an older honda CB, crotch rockets (GSXR 600), Honda ACE 750 which I logged 25k on, a 1300C and now the 1800.

My only suggestion is to ride to your own ability, it may be for some it may not.
For me I like the C/T and it is to stay for now.

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

Don't know exactly where I want to move yet. I work in the area of Harry Hines and Wycliff. The area is being renovated and there are lots of new 300K townhomes being built there, but I commute 80 miles to work now so anywhere would be an improvement. I'm keeping my options open.  :)

Mike, I am over their at all the Hospitals every other week or so.  Let me know and I'll buy ya lunch someday. 

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 09:46:22 PM »

Mike, I am over their at all the Hospitals every other week or so.  Let me know and I'll buy ya lunch someday. 

Sounds good to me. I work from 4pm to midnight so lunch is about 8pm...j/k  ;D ;D ;D

Let me know when you'll be in the area and I'll come to town a little early and have lunch. Thanks.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal