Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some Advice needed!!!  (Read 956 times)

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
Some Advice needed!!!
« on: February 06, 2008, 11:42:07 PM »

Ok so I am going to BBT with everyone in the summer. Problem is my wife is probably gonna come also. Not really a problem just gonna need more luggage room. I dont wanna haul a damn trailer behind me and also the saddlebags I have now wont cut it.

Can anyone suggest nice big saddlebags or luggage bags for the racks to buy? I need some that will take everything we need but still be good to have. We are not taking much just a change of clothes or two and some Personal Hygeine stuff and some stuff to sleep with(small tent and blankets) but other than that nothing else. If those VTX saddlebags I hear about for 300 dollars will do the trick please let me know. At least for the clothes aspect and then I can get a small bag for the tent and blanket or sleeping bags.

Thanks.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: Some Advice needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:00:37 AM »

River Road XL Slants...  I like 'em and they are big.  tie the tent and what not on top of bags, and behind the seat... 

tejasx

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:15:45 AM »

Leather Lykes. Sturdy, large capacity, weatherproof and lockable.  And they are easy to remove if you just want to crusie with a cleaner look.  I bought a used set on VTXOA for 300, you might also try Ebay.

Another option is a T-Bag, but you will need a backrest and luggage rack if you don't have them already. 

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:51:21 AM »

O0  RiverRoad XL

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »

Another option is a T-Bag 

You're saying if he t-bags his wife then maybe she won't want to come along and the problem is solved?
My now long gone VTX...

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »

not sure if you just want to purchase another set of bags but there is usually someone that attends in a truck that might be more that happy to take your extra items for you. 
'02 C with a few extras

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 10:23:45 AM »

Militman, see if some of the other riders from EL Paso may have room to carry some for ya', or maybe they'd like to carry your wife... ;) ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 11:35:52 AM »

I have the leather likes, they will hold a 18 pack on one side. How that compares to the sheit a woman will want??  I just throw them over the seat, so I can take them off quick when I want to. Been doing this a long time, Truth is it can't be learned. Half or more of the crap I haul, I never need. the other half is a PITA to use. Count, the days, bring old clothes, put them in the fire as they get dirty. don't haul them home. You will buy new t shirts, for sure, bottom line wear nothing that you would not throw in the fire. Don't haul dirty laundry. Your load will remain about the same, as long as you get rid of the old stuff.   

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I definitely like that t-bagging the wife fact and might try that but she might like it instead. O0

Anyways, I will probably get a rack and get the t-bags expandable. The one that is one of their best selling ones for sturgis. Might even down grade to the same one but no roll on top. She will probably want a room since everytime she camped growing up was with a trailer and electrical outlets. Also, I thought about others but there is no other riders in El Paso. My friends are kinda getting hesitant now that it is getting closer to time now too.

Thanks for the help guys.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 01:48:48 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I definitely like that t-bagging the wife fact and might try that but she might like it instead.

Well frankly it sounds like you win either way in this case... LOL
My now long gone VTX...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal