Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Houston Area Riders  (Read 11807 times)

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
Re: Houston Area Riders
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2008, 12:25:25 AM »

LOL

IMO

all of this "You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum."

Could be shortened to

You agree not to post anything that the admin of this site does not want to read.
It never stops hurting you just stop caring

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2008, 12:47:11 AM »

You agree not to post anything that the admin of this site does not want to read.

sums it all up O0 :D :D ;D

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

McLovin

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2008, 06:10:54 AM »

Well Doug...

Tim deleted my account too.   For daring to say that the Harley Emperor had no clothes.

Say la vie...or however you spell that.  8)

http://www.houstonareariders.com/index.php?topic=382.30

I went to the site you posted  above and I got a message it no longer exsists. Man you X and ex X riders must have put a real wrinkel in this guy's panties ;D ;D ;D

I did my usual crap. I didn't bash Harleys outright. I just illuminated their HP shortcomings and high price and ask why some of those guys were dying to spend so much money on additional performance critieria for them anyway when...after mortgaging your house, your HP would only be in the 80's.

In other words...here's what you appear to be doing...please explain why you're not crazy and phuqued up.  (it's my most basic method for dealing with subcontractors in the homebuilding industry.)

I kid Gabe with the same crap frequently, but Tim had my Cranberries for doing it.    For me..it was a good litnus...prior to involvement.

IMO, that's an HD rider's group.  Get with your people Gabe!   I'm a Yamaha guy.  j/k  see you Sunday.

Don't worry martin, I'll take care of it...  I'll have my HD people talk to his HD people and you will be riding an HD in no time...    O0

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »

Well Doug...

Tim deleted my account too.   For daring to say that the Harley Emperor had no clothes.

Say la vie...or however you spell that.  8)

http://www.houstonareariders.com/index.php?topic=382.30

I went to the site you posted  above and I got a message it no longer exsists. Man you X and ex X riders must have put a real wrinkel in this guy's panties ;D ;D ;D

I did my usual crap. I didn't bash Harleys outright. I just illuminated their HP shortcomings and high price and ask why some of those guys were dying to spend so much money on additional performance critieria for them anyway when...after mortgaging your house, your HP would only be in the 80's.

In other words...here's what you appear to be doing...please explain why you're not crazy and phuqued up.  (it's my most basic method for dealing with subcontractors in the homebuilding industry.)

I kid Gabe with the same crap frequently, but Tim had my Cranberries for doing it.    For me..it was a good litnus...prior to involvement.

IMO, that's an HD rider's group.  Get with your people Gabe!   I'm a Yamaha guy.  j/k  see you Sunday.

Don't worry martin, I'll take care of it...  I'll have my HD people talk to his HD people and you will be riding an HD in no time...    O0

No need....I patched things up...I think.  8)

http://www.houstonareariders.com/index.php?topic=382.0
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2008, 09:25:05 PM »

A friendof mine said he got an e-mail saying if he did not introduce himself he would be banned as a lurker??? ::)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2008, 11:02:36 PM »

A friendof mine said he got an e-mail saying if he did not introduce himself he would be banned as a lurker??? ::)

Hmmm...I have gotten that same email twice.  I assumed that it was a general admin type of email that went out to all members...yes, I don't post much, but it just means that I don't have much to say, it doesn't make me a bad person or a LURKER , geezzz that sounds so nasty.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2008, 06:59:36 AM »

Yeah, that's accurate.  If you don't post you go inactive and then get deleted....I think.  What harm do lurker's do?  It's not like they take information back to the KGB or are peeking through my drapes and seeing my weenie.  I'd asked on the HAR site but I'm afraid I'd get reprimanded and suspended for doing so.

McLovin

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »

i got the email... if I get deported from that board so be it... it wont be the first time   :D

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »

I got the e-mail well after I introduced myself. Go figure....

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2008, 07:44:43 AM »

Yeah, that's accurate.  If you don't post you go inactive and then get deleted....I think.  What harm do lurker's do?  It's not like they take information back to the KGB or are peeking through my drapes and seeing my weenie.  I'd asked on the HAR site but I'm afraid I'd get reprimanded and suspended for doing so.

Martin, you should know better, just from being a member of the FJR Forum. Deleting inactive members, or more correctly, members that don't introduce themselves, is a way that forum admins use to battle spammers. Introductions are required at the FJR forum, as well as the FJ Cruiser forum I belong to... (I'm trying to get my wife to change her name to Felicity Jane, but it's an uphill struggle.)

This thread has been pretty funny to read. Typical guy stuff, darts thrown back and forth, temps rising, then (giddyup) girl walks by. Ooooh!! Woman/bright shiny object! Ooooh!   ;D ;D ::) 

Hey, I have a solution for you Houston folks that want to ride, regardless of brand. Join one of the Meetup groups in your area. I have even gone to the extra step of looking up the links for ya:

For all:

http://motorcycle.meetup.com/206/

For Gabe and Kebs:

http://harley.meetup.com/162/

and finally, for dear old Martin:

http://buell.meetup.com/32/

ooops! I thought that was Nekkid, not Naked!  :o Never mind, Martin!  ;D

The Meetup group her in Austin is 455 strong, and we had 70 bikes get together on Sunday to make a run to Enchanted Rock, then F'burg, to Luckenbach, or Llano for lunch at Cooper's; just depending on where you wanted to go. I swept for a group of 12 that went to Llano, and our group was led by a Honda ST1100, and included 2 Heritage Classic Softtails, (women on both), three Sportsters, (guys on all, bet they were envious of the 2 gals), and other assorteds, including a gal on a Suzuki 650 Burgman. (Look it up, you'll laugh, but she more than kept up and had a great time). No dues for our group, no rules, other than respect your fellow biker. Check it out!

This brings to a conclusion today's PSA for Houston motorcyclists.  O0

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

giddyupgurl

« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »

Well if being bright and shiny women keeps me from being banned from this site then Thank you for the COMPLEMENT! The people I have met from here have been absolutely wonderful!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2008, 09:09:21 PM »

Martin, you should know better, just from being a member of the FJR Forum. Deleting inactive members, or more correctly, members that don't introduce themselves, is a way that forum admins use to battle spammers. Introductions are required at the FJR forum, as well as the FJ Cruiser forum I belong to... (I'm trying to get my wife to change her name to Felicity Jane, but it's an uphill struggle.)

This thread has been pretty funny to read. Typical guy stuff, darts thrown back and forth, temps rising, then (giddyup) girl walks by. Ooooh!! Woman/bright shiny object! Ooooh!   ;D ;D ::) 

Hey, I have a solution for you Houston folks that want to ride, regardless of brand. Join one of the Meetup groups in your area. I have even gone to the extra step of looking up the links for ya:

For all:

http://motorcycle.meetup.com/206/

For Gabe and Kebs:

http://harley.meetup.com/162/

and finally, for dear old Martin:

http://buell.meetup.com/32/

ooops! I thought that was Nekkid, not Naked!  :o Never mind, Martin!  ;D

The Meetup group her in Austin is 455 strong, and we had 70 bikes get together on Sunday to make a run to Enchanted Rock, then F'burg, to Luckenbach, or Llano for lunch at Cooper's; just depending on where you wanted to go. I swept for a group of 12 that went to Llano, and our group was led by a Honda ST1100, and included 2 Heritage Classic Softtails, (women on both), three Sportsters, (guys on all, bet they were envious of the 2 gals), and other assorteds, including a gal on a Suzuki 650 Burgman. (Look it up, you'll laugh, but she more than kept up and had a great time). No dues for our group, no rules, other than respect your fellow biker. Check it out!

This brings to a conclusion today's PSA for Houston motorcyclists.  O0

How about this one! http://gayriders.meetup.com/  ;D ;D ;D Nevermind  :-X

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

giddyupgurl

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2008, 07:07:05 AM »

::) omg LOL

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2008, 07:29:37 AM »

Isn't that   "gayriders-MEAT-up.cum"  ?  ;) 

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2008, 09:13:40 AM »

Dude I am not even going to ask how you found that site! but from now on you ride in front of me!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal