Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which day is best for you?

Sat. Feb 16
Sun. Feb 17

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ride around the world in one day! - to be rescheduled  (Read 4217 times)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Re: Ride around the world in one day!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 02:55:41 PM »

My starter switch didn't come in on time.  :'(

Thanks Fed-X... >:(

I don't possibly have time for an alternative plan, so I'm going to have to back out.  :(  There's just no way I can promise to have the bike back up and running as I have to work tonight and wouldn't be able to work around the problem until tomorrow morning.

I'll reschedule this ride, but not until I'm sure that my bike is running and in good shape.  O0

If anyone wants to ride this route tomorrow anyway, the maps on the first post of this thread are pretty accurate and should get you there with no problems. My cell phone number is 903-340-0809 if you have trouble finding your way. I know the route well. If anyone makes it to the Frogbranch Saloon, just tell the bartender that you're a Texas-X-Rider and the first beer is on me.

My apologies,
Mike Alexander

My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

aVrTsXe

Re: Ride around the world in one day! - to be rescheduled
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 03:51:17 PM »

Are there still some people going?  VTXmomma and I may still be going.  We are in if there are other that are interested.  Let us know tonight!

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Re: Ride around the world in one day! - to be rescheduled
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »

For those who may go tomorrow, there is a loop around Athens. On the north side of Athens where the loop meets Hwy 31, go about 1/2 block north of the loop on 31, (towards Tyler), and that's where Hwy 317 starts, (at a car dealership). Head east until it dead ends at Hwy 315 and make a right. After you go over the bridge at Lake Palestine, watch for 315 to veer to the right. If you miss it you'll end up on Hwy 155. Stay on Hwy 315 South all the way into to Palestine. It's the best part of the ride. Especially between Poyner and Palestine.

Ride safe. Wish I was going with you.  :'(
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal