Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New BBT attendees, take notice!  (Read 5812 times)

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
Re: New BBT attendees, take notice!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »

I didnt know there was a problem and maybe I was justing not paying attention. At any rate good work to everyone for working this out so us members can have some good fun at the BBT. O0

Congrats to all the new BOD members!!! :)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 10:25:12 AM »

History repeats itself.
This is showing signs of another blunder. I raised hell then and got labeled a trouble maker.
Everything waited on RD to show back up.
If the BOD doesn't step up and get on the same page, the BBT is not going to happen. Brock didn't do anything about the blunder and my guess is he doesn't know what to do now. No, I didn't vote for him!
RD, offered up the info when he announced he wasn't running for president again. Who got that info?

If it's just going to be a meet and greet then it's simple. Everyone's on their own and you don't have to worry about the tax exempt part of handling the money. But, there will be no shirts, pins or meal. Personally I couldn't tell you where any of my past pins and shirts are.

Who is the vice prez? Gabe? I didn't vote for Brock because I thought it was a bad idea to have the prez. as the board administrator also. That's just to much stroke in one pen. The reality of that danger has already surfaced. You can ban me too Brock if you wish.

Will the BOD please step up, identify themselves, and tell Brock what you are going to do for a BBT.

I know Randy (Txcajun) is a board member and I'm guessing Snack err Snake (John) is one. RD, has very valuble input. Damn good start. I assume the BOD still has it's private board to communicate on. Like RD said many months ago, we just need a rally coordinator. I nominate Randy.

Back to my corner and the silent majority.

Dusty

First of all, I take offense to two comments here.  One about the blunder.  I had no part in that so I'm not real sure what exactly it is you wanted me to do.  That was a member driven rally/meet and it worked out well from what I hear.

Second, is the "danger" of me being the administrator and the pres.  What exactly has surfaced with me being both?  There has been one banning in the last week and it was an administrative (word edit 2/12) driven decision.  You have no idea what was going on behind it either.  Specifics will not be brought up, nor will the member that was banned (who was released last night) be mentioned.  Everything I do on the board I TRY and do for the good of the group.  Obviously, I can't please everyone.

Moving on, I've had some personal issues so my role as a Pres have been sorry at best.  I recognize this and take full responsibility.  This board and many of it's members are like family to me, but my blood family come first.  I managed to squeeze in some meet and greet help for Dallas and buy another sport bike that I've wanted, but my free time has been otherwise limited.

Things are moving now with BBT.  We could have used the last 2 months to get some more organization, but we are where we are.  Geri and Randy have grabbed the reins and the rest of us are falling in line.  I commend her for kicking us in the asset to get this rolling.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:19:32 AM by j1mmyj4m »
Chunk the llama.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 12:50:06 PM »

History repeats itself.
This is showing signs of another blunder. I raised hell then and got labeled a trouble maker.
Everything waited on RD to show back up.
If the BOD doesn't step up and get on the same page, the BBT is not going to happen. Brock didn't do anything about the blunder and my guess is he doesn't know what to do now. No, I didn't vote for him!
RD, offered up the info when he announced he wasn't running for president again. Who got that info?

If it's just going to be a meet and greet then it's simple. Everyone's on their own and you don't have to worry about the tax exempt part of handling the money. But, there will be no shirts, pins or meal. Personally I couldn't tell you where any of my past pins and shirts are.

Who is the vice prez? Gabe? I didn't vote for Brock because I thought it was a bad idea to have the prez. as the board administrator also. That's just to much stroke in one pen. The reality of that danger has already surfaced. You can ban me too Brock if you wish.

Will the BOD please step up, identify themselves, and tell Brock what you are going to do for a BBT.

I know Randy (Txcajun) is a board member and I'm guessing Snack err Snake (John) is one. RD, has very valuble input. Damn good start. I assume the BOD still has it's private board to communicate on. Like RD said many months ago, we just need a rally coordinator. I nominate Randy.

Back to my corner and the silent majority.

Dusty

First of all, I take offense to two comments here.  One about the blunder.  I had no part in that so I'm not real sure what exactly it is you wanted me to do.  That was a member driven rally/meet and it worked out well from what I hear.

Second, is the "danger" of me being the administrator and the pres.  What exactly has surfaced with me being both?  There has been one banning in the last week and it was an administrative (word edit 2/12) driven decision.  You have no idea what was going on behind it either.  Specifics will not be brought up, nor will the member that was banned (who was released last night) be mentioned.  Everything I do on the board I TRY and do for the good of the group.  Obviously, I can't please everyone.

Moving on, I've had some personal issues so my role as a Pres have been sorry at best.  I recognize this and take full responsibility.  This board and many of it's members are like family to me, but my blood family come first.  I managed to squeeze in some meet and greet help for Dallas and buy another sport bike that I've wanted, but my free time has been otherwise limited.

Things are moving now with BBT.  We could have used the last 2 months to get some more organization, but we are where we are.  Geri and Randy have grabbed the reins and the rest of us are falling in line.  I commend her for kicking us in the asset to get this rolling.

"...and these are the days of our lives"

Just a thought here....why is a discussion like this being carried-on in the General thread?  Sure seems like to me that a prospective member would be less than excited by all this.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:19:58 AM by j1mmyj4m »
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 01:00:39 PM »

Just a thought here....why is a discussion like this being carried-on in the General thread?  Sure seems like to me that a prospective member would be less than excited by all this.

Anyone wanting to join the family should know about the whole clan, even the crazy ones, right?  8)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Dusty

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »

Anyone wanting to join the family should know about the whole clan, even the crazy ones, right?  8)

I'm not crazy! I'll have you know my Mom, my Dad's sister, is very proud of me and thinks I'm a dang genius.  ;D :D ;D

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »

I'm not crazy! I'll have you know my Mom, my Dad's sister, is very proud of me and thinks I'm a dang genius.  ;D :D ;D

Who sez I was talking about you, Bill? I said crazy, not paranoid!  ;D ;) O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2008, 07:32:49 PM »

WAIT!! That makes me your Cous-Uncle! :o :D :D
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 08:51:01 AM »

I made a small edit due to a pm I received. 
Chunk the llama.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »

But you still spelled reins incorrectly... c'mon Prez!!!  ;D ;D ;)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 09:15:30 AM »

reins
Not taking sides but my spell check sez it's spelled correctly there "Lil Kenny" ;D ;D ;D ;D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 09:20:59 AM »

Reign is the correct spelling for a ruler.  I used the wrong rein, so now it's fixed for the grammar police. :P
Chunk the llama.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 09:23:59 AM »

Whew!!!  ;D ;D ;)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »

reins
Not taking sides but my spell check sez it's spelled correctly there "Lil Kenny" ;D ;D ;D ;D
HOOTER (all in CAPS.) Why bring me in to this???? I have been trying to keep my nose clean after beeing shunned....  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-*
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:18:59 AM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »

Oh hell Kenny, you know me, I just like to stir the pot abit from time to time and I think as of lately you've done a fine job in the grammer department.  :D O0 O0
Matter of fact I think we need to start a poll and canvas the members to see how much you've improved.

Kenny's spelling has gotten:
A. Much improved
B. Improved some
C. No change
D. Hadn't noticed
E. Spelling didn't bother me cause I could read it anyway.
F. Still better than Swampy's

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 10:39:03 AM »

G. I don't care!!!! I am 61 and just want to have some fun!!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 ::) :P  RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG  ;)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal