Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New BBT attendees, take notice!  (Read 5810 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: New BBT attendees, take notice! Maybe new data for BBT will get posted.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 07:21:26 AM »

At this point, I don't know I if I will ride, trailer, drive, or be a no show. I have plans but its not up to me now. The heavy hand of, You are getting old. Came down on me. If I can get there,I will be there. 

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »

At this point, I don't know I if I will ride, trailer, drive, or be a no show. I have plans but its not up to me now. The heavy hand of, You are getting old. Came down on me. If I can get there,I will be there. 

After a spell of cold weather, the flu, and my youngest daughter calling me old, I'm feeling pretty ancient now myself. AND, I got a bad case of cabin fever. Usually the spring rejuvenates me. Hopefully it will you too.  O0

I'm gonna tune up the bike Saturday, ride to the M&G at the Oasis Sunday, and hope that I get to feeling more like my younger self as the warm weather slowly moves back in.

Hope to see you at BBT, tom cat!  O0

Now where's my Geritol?
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »

I X-pecet to see y'all there!!!!!!  I am almost 61 and I did 6,000 miles on one trip last year and the HELL WALK with JOE!!! O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D X-up and smell the bumper guys!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 10:52:30 PM »

I plan on being there, the doc's have determined that they want to do winter mods on my neck. Something to do with disc,s and screws and who knows what. If the mods go well I will make time, for all the rides I can this year.
Never let silly things like making a living get in the way of having fun.   

Dusty

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 07:11:50 AM »

History repeats itself.
This is showing signs of another blunder. I raised hell then and got labeled a trouble maker.
Everything waited on RD to show back up.
If the BOD doesn't step up and get on the same page, the BBT is not going to happen. Brock didn't do anything about the blunder and my guess is he doesn't know what to do now. No, I didn't vote for him!
RD, offered up the info when he announced he wasn't running for president again. Who got that info?

If it's just going to be a meet and greet then it's simple. Everyone's on their own and you don't have to worry about the tax exempt part of handling the money. But, there will be no shirts, pins or meal. Personally I couldn't tell you where any of my past pins and shirts are.

Who is the vice prez? Gabe? I didn't vote for Brock because I thought it was a bad idea to have the prez. as the board administrator also. That's just to much stroke in one pen. The reality of that danger has already surfaced. You can ban me too Brock if you wish.

Will the BOD please step up, identify themselves, and tell Brock what you are going to do for a BBT.

I know Randy (Txcajun) is a board member and I'm guessing Snack err Snake (John) is one. RD, has very valuble input. Damn good start. I assume the BOD still has it's private board to communicate on. Like RD said many months ago, we just need a rally coordinator. I nominate Randy.

Back to my corner and the silent majority.

Dusty

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 08:06:46 AM »

History repeats itself.
This is showing signs of another blunder. I raised hell then and got labeled a trouble maker.
Everything waited on RD to show back up.
If the BOD doesn't step up and get on the same page, the BBT is not going to happen. Brock didn't do anything about the blunder and my guess is he doesn't know what to do now. No, I didn't vote for him!
RD, offered up the info when he announced he wasn't running for president again. Who got that info?

If it's just going to be a meet and greet then it's simple. Everyone's on their own and you don't have to worry about the tax exempt part of handling the money. But, there will be no shirts, pins or meal. Personally I couldn't tell you where any of my past pins and shirts are.

Who is the vice prez? Gabe? I didn't vote for Brock because I thought it was a bad idea to have the prez. as the board administrator also. That's just to much stroke in one pen. The reality of that danger has already surfaced. You can ban me too Brock if you wish.

Will the BOD please step up, identify themselves, and tell Brock what you are going to do for a BBT.

I know Randy (Txcajun) is a board member and I'm guessing Snack err Snake (John) is one. RD, has very valuble input. Damn good start. I assume the BOD still has it's private board to communicate on. Like RD said many months ago, we just need a rally coordinator. I nominate Randy.

Back to my corner and the silent majority.

Dusty

:o 8) :o

Bravo, Bill.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

Dusty, Ban you! ;D J/k Bill! The only thing I know about the BOD is that I was told I would be on it, and was asked who I thought would make good ones. I haven't heard anything since then, hence my posts to try to glean info about the BBT. Ban? we don't ban people here, surely. It takes a vote of the BOD to do it, if I remember the by-laws right. Members are full members or not members anymore, period.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

bigdogsgal

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »

Hey Dusty,

I've been told that I'm on the BOD too.  I offered my Project Management skills to lead BBT and have been waiting for the go ahead.  I PM'd Brock couple of days ago and it looks like we will be moving forward soon.  After reading this earlier, I sent another PM stating I was going to jump in and get started.  So here is the deal.... I will be working up a plan and with Randy's help will be getting this party plan started so you all should hear something in the coming weeks. 

What I do know has been posted; the locations been reserved and if you are bringing a trailor need to reserve the spot. 

I welcome suggestions and ideas so PM me if you got some.

thanks,

Geri

'05 1800F Black Cherry Red Spec 3

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 08:46:41 PM »

YOU GOOOOOO GIRL!!!!!!!! AND CONGRATS.  TO ALL THE NEW BOARD MEMBERS!!!!!    KIND OF LIKE THE CLINTONS  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) :P :-X :-*   NOT YOU GERI!!!!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RedDragon

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »

This is showing signs of another blunder.

Hey, I made the first one, it wasn't that bad! ;D ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »

I really, really want to play the devils advocate here, but I will remain silent, seeing how I probally won't be here for BBT any damn way. :-\
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: New BBT attendees, take notice!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 11:18:12 PM »

Bravo to Dusty Bill again. It's all well and good that Brock is really trying to organize M&G's and get the group together and all but, last Nov 19 ( as it still states on the board header ) he would have the BOD in place in a couple of weeks. Guess what? Not one word from Brock about who's been asked or placed on that board from him or anybody else except snake, RD, and now Geri. The effort that has been placed toward these local M&G's is admiral and is all well and good except the effort and time he put out on this would have been better (this just my $.02) spent putting the board together and getting the major M&G's organized and let the other areas alone until the horse and the cart were in the proper relationship.
 Ok I didn't vote for Brock either, but I was running too and didn't want him to win by a landslide, which he did anyway. At least I got second! Nobody really knows me in Austin, S.A., or Houston area and that's ok.  No matter who would've won, there's going to people criticize their actions and the way things get done. Different people have different priorities and goals. The BBT is our granddaddy M&G and this should take priority over all else starting last November after the BOD was appointed.
 There was a post that I can't find at the moment and I can't remember who posted it, that talked about the corporation he worked for and how it has changed over the years and how the Texas X'ers have changed also with the different style and age groups of riders we now have. It was a good post and what came to my mind as I read it was to how segrated the areas have become from each other and the BBT is really needed and to come off like clock work to keep this organization together. Sure we have our local M&G's and some other state meets for lunch but the BBT pulls us altogether, well the ones that attend feel that way anyway, hopefully. 
I just read the list of appointees, (posted this afternoon) congratulations to the people appointed and hopefully we can pull this organization  back together and get the BBT and other state M&G's organized and running like clock work again.
Hooter
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:26:28 AM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 01:09:14 AM »

Hooter, your map is a democrats nightmare, lol. All those red states at one end of the country! Brock has a post up now with all the BOD's identified. Look for things to start happening pretty quick. Geri is ramrodding (sorry Geri, just an expression ;) ;D )the bbt, and I'm sure as soon as she can assimilate all the facts, she'll have you at BBT a week early. :o ;D
One note to the membership, MY personal P.O.V.
A lot of good people on the board. But I will say one thing to all. Although it was put in the bylaws that officers will try to promote functions, some of the best statewide meet and greets started as individual efforts. That has been our strength. I have always tried to do what I can, without being anything but another member. As many others have also. The spring thing was Kennys brain child. Gator used to wear me out just trying to keep up with his posts of M&G's he proposed and initiated. The first BBT was funded by donations from members. One member started the site. Another has kept it in exisistence without any payment. That is what got us started. Individual efforts mostly.  The board was not set up to take that "creativity" over. It was set up for one reason only, Structure:  required for 1. to apply for tax exempt status, and 2. possible acceptance by the coc, not as a M/C, but as a riding group so our patch would cause no problems . Neither was for the BOD to be the "guiding force" here. The "bylaws" were set up to NOT be intrusive any more than possible over the leaderless group that we were at the time they were drawn up.
The BBT is , as Hooter said, something that most feel the "officers" should officiate over the planning of. We all agree, as far as I know. But remember, any input of ideas to make it better will only improve over what a few BOD's can imagine. We have a good "pool" of individuals out there. Keep the ideas and input coming...we don't want a stagnate pool.
Yes, more info should be getting to the membership. Everyone has a life though, well some do, I guess. :) And no one is perfect. I have felt frustration trying to find things out too. In the words of a GREAT AMERICAN :o 8):" I feel your pain".
I am now maybe in a position to get answers and dessimenate (kinda like assimilate, just the opposite) it where inquiring minds want to know.
Don't expect all  things X to start with the officers. We, the members, all need to propose and initiate whenever possible.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 05:22:43 AM »

And so it was done.
The ball is rolling and the masses were informed.
Thanks! Congradulations to the newly appointed BOD. Thanks to Geri for heading the BBT!

If I can be of any help, just say the word!   O0

Dusty

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 08:32:32 AM »

I really, really want to play the devils advocate here, but I will remain silent, seeing how I probally won't be here for BBT any damn way. :-\

Silent is good for you, Buck Rogers!  ;D ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal