Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cable vs Dish  (Read 2826 times)

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Cable vs Dish
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »

I live out in the country a bit. Only cable for me would be through AT&T, but I've had Dishnet for 9 yrs now and I'm pretty happy with it. Might lose service during serious storms, but usually only for a few minutes at a time.
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 10:37:27 PM »

I bit the bullet and got a flat screen tv with the HD capabilities, but Time Warner has not gotten their fiber optic cable or whatever they have to do to transmit digitally.  They still transmit in analog.  I think I got that all right.. Anyway, after making several calls to Time Warner to see what their plan was for getting all the right cables/wires or whatever we needed to see HD, they could not give me an answer.  I switched over to Dish Network and have been pleased so far.  Got some free stuff for 3 months and some more free stuff for 6 months.  All those introductory offers for first time subscribers.  We had some pretty strong winds here this week and never lost any reception.  I would have stayed with cable if they could have had the same offerings.  Just one of the disadvantages of NOT living in the city...

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 08:53:02 AM »

Direct TV all the way O0 O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 10:15:42 AM »

Do you get the NFL network??????
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »

Do you get the NFL network??????

NFL Network in HD on Direct TV O0

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 12:06:52 PM »

I switched to cable from Direct TV.

How do you like the DTV?

I switched to Direct TV also and you can't beat the amount of HD channels.  With more to come this year.
I love it!  I just miss my cable internet.  DSL is slow compared to it.  Didn't realize I could have kept it until after I set up DSL. ::)
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 10:50:23 AM »

I switched to cable from Direct TV.

How do you like the DTV?

Wa were having problems with the Direct TV equipment. Every time the weather was bad, so was our reception. THen we started having problems without bad weather. That is when we switched. I was using Comcast for Internet and got a discount when I switched to cable.

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 07:05:00 AM »

O0 O0 Dish

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 07:06:36 AM »

I love the Dish, only out during very Major Storms last spring but just a few seconds.
Lot better HDTV than Time had to offer.

JWAustinVTX

• Tejano
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »

Just bought a new house and went from DISH to Time Warner.  I miss the DISH alot.  DVR and the program info was better.

As far as signal loss,  it happend only a few times in the 4 years I had it and it didn't last long.  I've already had to reboot the TW box twice which takes about minutes to reboot.

Gonna stick with TW for a bit, got a good deal for switching, but I see another DISH in my future.

-Jason

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 05:53:33 PM »

I've already had to reboot the TW box twice which takes about minutes to reboot.
-Jason

only twice :D
I do it at least 2 times a week
Just have not gotten up the urge to switch to a long term commitment
waiting on what u-verse has to offer, should be available shortly in my area

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

JWAustinVTX

• Tejano
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »

I've already had to reboot the TW box twice which takes about minutes to reboot.
-Jason

Sounds about right,  I've only had TW for a week!  O0

tejasx

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »

-Jason

Me too, I ran my area on Uverse and it is not available yet, I think I will go with Direct
TV

tejasx

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »

Stepped off in it and bought the HDTV this week, I got the Sony Bravia 40" 1080, all I can say is OMG!!! I can't even look at an analog set anymore.  I talked to the sales guy about Direct TV, but decided to try the antenna first.  I have a set of HD rabbit ears I bought through my company (Ace Hardware) and I am getting beautiful reception, so I am gonna stick with that for now. 

MasterBoozer

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 07:54:57 AM »

Gonna make the jump soo to the HDTV, thinking of reception and I don't like what the HD antenna has to offer.  I know dish is much cheaper than cable, but I hear the dish loses reception on stormy or cloudy days.   What do you have and how do they compare.  I like cable, but they only want to seem to sell you a package with phone and net. 

I was forced back into the world of cable when I moved to League City.  I've actually been through both services, in fact (DishNetwork and DirectTV).  I was very dish network loyal until I decided I wanted a DVR.  After having been with the service for 5+ years, I found that they were in no rush whatsoever to loyal customer discount or anythng of that nature.  To go with their service, DirectTV let me have the DVR for free. 

My mom had DirectTV all this time and I never liked it.  I thought it just wasn't as user friendly as Dish Network, but ultimately I got used to it and found the package cheaper as well.  The DVR I found to be outstanding (especially in comparison to the Comcast DVR I have now).  The next chance I get I'll go back to DirectTV.

And to answer your question, yes they do lose reception from time to time, but the weather has to get REALLY bad.

Unfortunately,
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal