Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Honda Direct Line Back Orders  (Read 1044 times)

tejasx

Honda Direct Line Back Orders
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »

I think I have place my last order with HDL, they may have great prices, but their back orders are ridiculous.  I placed an order during the Xmas sale and as of today, they still can't provide me with one product I ordered.  I received all of my order, but the one item and I contacted them and was told the item on on BO until 1/15.  It is now 1/30 and the item is still on B/O.  I contacted HDL and expressed my displeasure at this and this is what I received today from the son of the owner, this was the best answer he could give me;

Chris Greenlee @ HDL, Unfortuantely we don't' make them. Your item has been canceled.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Honda Direct Line Back Orders
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »

i never had good luck with them....EVER!!!
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Pug

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »

:o Man . . . I'm feelin' like a two year old at a AARP convention -- I've never had a problem with HDL and have spent a small fortune on parts bought from them!

Guess I'm lukier than you!   :P
2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »

Ordered stuff from them for the last 4 years. I've had a few things back ordered for a while but as far as I know when they get it , it gets shipped to me. Had to wait almost 5 months for a Corbin seat, but that was Corbin not getting it to HDL. It was my choice to wait.

Guess I've been almost as lucky as Pug.. :)
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »

I generally order from them over the phone and then I know what is going to be B/O'd and I have the option to go else where. Sometimes might pay a buck or two more, but I get it. The things I have B/O'd through them have generally been shipped in a timely manner. Guess I've been luckey too.  8) 8)
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:27:35 PM »

HAHAHAHHA

I just cancelled an order yesterday....

For 3 days, they could not update me because their "computers are down". I have been in the computer industry for 9 years. When we have a switch, router, server, blade...ANYTHING...go down, it is addressed immediately, because time is money.

HDL could not take, update, or view orders for THREE FREAKIN DAYS... That is absolute horrible business. If they cannot repair a simple computer network in 3 days, I ain't got no use for em... I'm just at a loss on how a million dollar company can have their computer systems down for 72 hours. Ughhhh...... piss on 'em..
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

tejasx

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 04:27:16 AM »

The BO was one thing, but the guys attitude toward it was the final for me, he could have at least offered a replacement and kept my business.  I have ordered a  lot of stuff from them and only once have I gotten everything I ordered.  I think they have outgrown themselves.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:33:36 AM »

I think they have outgrown themselves.

I too have had very little problems with HDL. I have had some BO's in the past, but as best as I can remember they were filled in less than 2 weeks.

tejasx, your above statement is very powerful. That's a trap that many companies fall in to. 
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 10:44:55 AM »

The times I've had HDL back order things, they actually spent extra money getting me separate shipments, to the tune of spending $7 to ship 2 OIL FILTERS, in one instance.  I'm not saying they're perfect by any means, and I'm only contrasting your experiences...  They're certainly not the only place I order from, but they're pretty good.  Chris' statement is salient..  how can you hold them accountable for a problem that could easily be the manufacturer?
My now long gone VTX...

tejasx

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »

The times I've had HDL back order things, they actually spent extra money getting me separate shipments, to the tune of spending $7 to ship 2 OIL FILTERS, in one instance.  I'm not saying they're perfect by any means, and I'm only contrasting your experiences...  They're certainly not the only place I order from, but they're pretty good.  Chris' statement is salient..  how can you hold them accountable for a problem that could easily be the manufacturer?

That is not the point, I am not holding HDL responsible for the vendor.  It is the lack of trying to do something about it to make it better.  Instead of the remark he made, he could have tried to find a replacement.  I can deal with a two week B/O, but after 30 days there had been no communication whatsoever from HDL. 

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »

If an item is on B/O, I think your order goes into a black hole.  I ordered and cancelled my Cobra Speedsters 3 times over the course of 6 months before I actually got them.  You usually do NOT get any communication from them once it goes on the B/O list.  It just magically appears 3 months after you order it! 

All in all, I am pretty happy with them, I just wish they would communicate better.

Justin VTX

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »

If an item is on B/O, I think your order goes into a black hole.  I ordered and cancelled my Cobra Speedsters 3 times over the course of 6 months before I actually got them.  You usually do NOT get any communication from them once it goes on the B/O list.  It just magically appears 3 months after you order it! 

All in all, I am pretty happy with them, I just wish they would communicate better.

I have 3 items on B/O from 2 different transactions. One order is from 12-3-2007. I have e-mailed the rep. directly (3 days ago) and still no response. I have had no trouble with HDL until the last couple of orders. It does sound like they are getting too big for themselves.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal