Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just Can't Trust a Stealer  (Read 1168 times)

tejasx

Just Can't Trust a Stealer
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:05:03 PM »

Took my 1300 to a local independent shop to have the valve check done.  I had it done at 600 and 8k, supposedly.  I had my suspicions about the Honda dealer doing a real valve check and this shop confirmed by suspicions.  He called today to let me know he was about finished and in his opinion the valve covers had never been off.  He said he could tell there were no wrench marks anywhere on the covers.  I have no way of proving it after all this time, but at least I know now what the dealer was not doing, but collecting my money. 

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: Just Can't Trust a Stealer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »

What Honda dealer is it?
Chunk the llama.

tejasx

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »

What Honda dealer is it?

DFW Honda in Grapevine.  But I will clarify that I like the dealership.  Got a great bike at a good price and have been pleased with all of my transactions there.  Like I said, there is no way I can positively prove it and  a lot of time has gone by since the last service check. 

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »

What Honda dealer is it?

DFW Honda in Grapevine.  But I will clarify that I like the dealership.  Got a great bike at a good price and have been pleased with all of my transactions there.  Like I said, there is no way I can positively prove it and  a lot of time has gone by since the last service check. 

Wouldn't suprise me in the least.   >:(

Raydar

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »

I've had good luck at the dealer in Cleburne.
2005R, silver, windshield, bags, sissy bar, engine guards, highway pegs, pullback risers

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:16:16 PM »

What sucks is that they want you to drop it off over night, then to find out they don't even bother!!!  That would burn me up! >:(

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

tejasx

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:23:40 PM »

I took it this time to a local shop in Hurst, The Motorcyle Shop on hwy 10.  The owner Rick, was up front with me about everything.  From now on, I will take the X to him.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »

What did he charge for the valves?

I know when I got mine done at Honda Suzuki north they DID adjust the valves...because my gas mileage tanked immediately.  LOL

I'm not saying anything EITHER way on the subject, but him telling you that COULD also be a self-serving lie.  Just saying, speculatively.
My now long gone VTX...

tejasx

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »

What did he charge for the valves?

I know when I got mine done at Honda Suzuki north they DID adjust the valves...because my gas mileage tanked immediately.  LOL

I'm not saying anything EITHER way on the subject, but him telling you that COULD also be a self-serving lie.  Just saying, speculatively.

Could be, but I heard good things of Rick before I went there.  He charged me 180.00 and he also did the carb adjust.

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »

What Honda dealer is it?

It would me. I've always had great service at D/FW Honda. I know once on a valve adjustment I came in the next day to pick some stuff up and I could see my bike in the shop with the valve covers off. I don't imagine they would take them off and then not do the adjustment.

Jack

tejasx

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »

What Honda dealer is it?

It would me. I've always had great service at D/FW Honda. I know once on a valve adjustment I came in the next day to pick some stuff up and I could see my bike in the shop with the valve covers off. I don't imagine they would take them off and then not do the adjustment.

Jack

Just got my bike out of the shop and he said it looked to him that the covers have never been off, but he could be wrong.  DFW Honda has always done right by me in everything else, so I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt, as in there is no concrete way to prove it.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal